Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Took last dose on Saturday- bad air hunger today!

[gs...]

I had extremely bad air hunger today. I get air hunger often especially when I'm trying to sleep but I just wait for it to pass and then fall asleep eventually. However, it was severe today. I kept laying there playing games on my phone and it just would not pass. I eventually got fed up and got up from my bed to walk around and just stay busy some other way.

It was so bad that I thought maybe its asthma instead so I took 2 puffs from my inhaler and NOTHING. No relief at all. I had a feeling it was air hunger and not asthma but I just wanted to see if the inhaler would help at all.

Did anyone else have worsened air hunger after jumping? What do you guys do for air hunger? It rarely gets this bad for me. I felt like I was struggling to breathe.

I'm almost two months after a rapid taper..air hunger comes and goes for me. I typically feel it for a few hours each day. It does let up - only to come back again. But not as severe as some people by what I've read so I will be grateful for that. This is just my experience with it.

Sorry you have this...you're "normal" though. Hang in there.