Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

After a year out, does anyone still struggle with vision and dizziness?

[Iw...]

I was wondering if anyone over the year mark still has waves of blurred vision and dizziness. Can you describe it to me?

My dizziness is like I’m disoriented and have brain fog, having trouble concentrating or remembering my next move.. My vision is blurry or hard to see in dim lighting. Scrolling on my phone makes me dizzy; the contrast is too sharp or bright and I can’t focus. Most things like fans or rocking chairs make me feel dizzy.

Anyone else relate to this so far out? 

hi MakeIT, visual snow has not been one of my symptoms but I know it is common. I’m currently in a brutal wave right now. Vision is very blurry and I see traces of objects if they move too fast. Light is a problem. Either too dim or too bright. Feels like I cant see. Sounds are too loud so now I’m back to wearing ear plugs. Visual vertigo were moving object, scrolling on phone or cars driving by make me feel like I’m moving. Head pressure, fullness and throbbing is a new one for me this far out. Feeling disoriented if I move my head around too much. Mornings are the worse and seems to get easier to get around later in the evenings. Guess this is the one year wave I’ve heard others talk about in here.

I’m 7 months out and I have this. Bright light can be a problem for me and my vision is generally off and blurry. Too much camera movement on the tv makes me feel ill. Luckily the strange colours and terrible night vision issues have gone. I’ve had some lovely windows when its completely gone. My Vision issues seemed to get worse and different at then end of my taper and after jumping. Can anyone lease relate to that?

My vision is blurry or hard to see in dim lighting. Scrolling on my phone makes me dizzy; the contrast is too sharp or bright and I can’t focus.

Anyone else relate to this so far out?

Hi IwillRise,

I have the symptoms you mentioned above, very blurry and struggle with contrast in ambient lighting, like a dim switch has been turned on. I cannot handle brightness and I see the same as you when looking at a mobile phone. Its a year now of the same constant vision issues.

cyber, I’m so sorry you’re dealing with this as well. It’s such an annoying symptom. Do you have constant dizziness or any vertigo?

I am 13 months out and my vision is just awful 24/7 derealisation where everything looks blurred and unreal. Also brain fog and head pressure. I wish it would just lift so everything felt clear.

suzi, sorry you’re dealing with these unrelenting symptoms  :-[

Do you have any vertigo or motion sickness at all?

I have the sickness when I get the vertigo. My vertigo is not constant though, I get a couple of episodes of it a week where the whole room feels like its tipping to one side and I cant walk or stand. Im always dizzy though

cyber, I’m so sorry you’re dealing with this as well. It’s such an annoying symptom. Do you have constant dizziness or any vertigo?

I have this 24/7

Cyber, my neurologist wants me to take Effexor for this. I’m really not wanting to but if it means I can function I may not have a choice.

Have you tried and ADs for this?

Hi IWR, I have this at 17 months off. The off balanced feeling and vision issues are my most troublesome symptoms of all. It seems to get worse before it gets better and also linger longer than most symptoms. I truly hope it's our vestibular systems trying to recalibrate. You're not alone!

Yes I do,constant 24/7.It feels  like Im on a acid trip all the time anfmd very dizzy and get disorientated easily.Short term Memory  is messed up too.)-: