Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Paranoid/ terrified of my house

[03...]

[03...]
My house has had quite a few issues since I started my benzo withdrawals. We are getting them all fixed, but I am so paranoid that things are going to keep going wrong. I keep going around looking for things and then having panic attacks. I am tempted to leave my husband and move my 2 kids out of the house. It doesnt make sense, but I just cant help feeling so scared of my house. I hope this goes away. I hope the logical me comes back.

[38...]

Sorry that your home isn't being cooperative.  Sounds like repairs are getting done.  I'm sure you know that withdrawal often increases feelings of fear/paranoia.  Try to remember that when things go wrong.  Maybe it can help lessen the reaction if/when the garbage disposal goes out.

Is your fear/frustration more a reaction to things not working or is it the hassle/fear associated with calling people, scheduling, and dealing with service calls intruding on your life?

What kind of stuff is breaking?  Have you been in that house very long?  If you've had some good times in the house, perhaps you can try to focus more on those (happy) memories. 

The brain's fear center goes into overdrive in withdrawal.  We can be sitting in an easy chair doing nothing and our brain in benzo wd might tell us we're being chased by a grizzly bear. 

Add the stress level of home repairs during the pandemic and no wonder your CNS is overstimulated.  It's really hard to be reasonable under these conditions but it might help get some distance from your fears to see that they're being pumped up by benzo wd. 

Please take a look at this: What's happening inside your brain

I hope the repairs are done with soon and that you feel much better soon.

Brighterday