Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Can someone further explain me what is titration tapering and its benefits?

[aq...]

I posted a similar question before, and I got to know that it is dissolving the pills into vodka. A lot of people replied with charts and scientific explanations - honestly my focus has been so fucked from this withdrawal that I can barely focus or think straight so all those charts/measurements went completely over my head. Can someone explain me liquid/titration tapering and its benefits in layman terms? And wouldn't drink the valium with vodka make you drunk LOL?

It's hard to break a pill into small amounts and into even amounts.

Titration allows you to make a liquid mixture with the drug evenly distributed so that you can measure and ingest very small amounts as you reduce lower and lower. For example, you could add liquid and dissolve the ill so that you could take 1/100 of a mg. That would be hard to do with a pill. Even if you made a hundred crumbs, they would not all be the same size, so you would not be able to control the minute amounts.

No. You do not get drunk. If you have a syringe or other tool for measuring and look at a ml of vodka, it is a very tiny amount. You're not making a mixed drink. You are just using a tiny amount of 80 proof alcohol to dissolve and suspend the benzo so that you can then measure out tiny amounts for doses.

Hello, aqualoh37. 

In medicine, titration means making adjustments in the dose of a drug to achieve a desired effect while minimizing undesired effects. 

In the context of benzodiazepine withdrawal, titration means making “small enough” reductions in dose to keep withdrawal symptoms tolerable while discontinuing the drug. 

A common misconception is that there is only one way to titrate one’s dose (i.e. to use a liquid to make extremely small reductions in dose on a daily basis).  In reality, there are multiple ways to titrate.  If you have not already done so, might I encourage you to read the Titration: FAQs?

Like everything else related to benzodiazepine withdrawal, each individual must discover what works for them given (among other things) their unique physiology and the unique properties of the benzodiazepine they are discontinuing.

You don't have to use alcohol; I use milk.  I know I post this link a lot, but it was so helpful to me to figure out all the calculations and such after I entered the parameters.  Therefore, I am sharing it again.  Should you decide to go this route, be sure to read the Readme section first.  The icon is at the bottom of the right hand corner. 

I could not figure out all the calculations on my own; my brain was so confused.  This was a life saver for me and I hope to be benzo free in September which would be 22 months after it all began.

All the best...

http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/titration/titrationForm.php