Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Bad sleep

[je...]

[28...]
Not forever, I went 2-3 weeks with a hour or 2 total if that, now I sleep fine , I thought it was forever but it wasn't.

Hi jerry,

Have you checked out the Insomnia board? 

By the way other members who want to reply to your posts find it helpful to know where you are in the process, so here’s how to add your benzo info automatically to your posts: go to Profile, then Forum Profile, write your info (which benzo, dose, taper history) in the text box and save. Thanks! Let us know if you need help with this.

Wishing you much healing,

Brighterday

jerry, I went through the same thing. The first entire year after going CT off benzos and SRIs I did not sleep a bit. No Lie. All I got was micros sleeps, moments when my brain blanked shut for just a moment. Those seconds prevented me from dying of lack of sleep. I experimented with OTC drugs for sleep. None helped. I suppose my amygdala was so messed up back then, it could NOT relax at all.

But I survived that first awful year.

What eventually worked for me was listening to sleep hypnosis videos on You Tube. Took about 2 months for the hypnotic suggestions to work for me. But for the first time in over a year, I drifted off to sleep. OH! How lovely that was.

Keep us posted, jerry. All of us want to help you.

east