Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Off for 8 months but body can't detox?

[ne...]

I thought acute wd is a guarantee for massive weight loss. It was for me during all my previous wd. Not so this time, though. I ct'ed from quite a high amount of another psych drug, feel like dying 24/7 but have not lost a single gram. I also almost never sweat at all. I feel very very poisoned all the time. Isn't my body able to detox the drug out of my system? Has anyone experienced this, too? Is there anything I can do to help?

[db...]

Might depend on the drug being c/t'd.  ???    I lost weight initially when I c/t, but then gained.

If you're looking to sweat, maybe exercise would help??

I thought acute wd is a guarantee for massive weight loss. It was for me during all my previous wd. Not so this time, though. I ct'ed from quite a high amount of another psych drug, feel like dying 24/7 but have not lost a single gram. I also almost never sweat at all. I feel very very poisoned all the time. Isn't my body able to detox the drug out of my system? Has anyone experienced this, too? Is there anything I can do to help?

Hello:-)

of course me again. My personal experience is that people who have been on more than just one med (scream: here!! meeee! tooo!) need a lot of time to balance out not only the chemistry in the brain, also when it comes to the hormones, we seem to need more time. I have gained weight actually at the beginning, then lost it, then it was put on different areas again, and then lost it.... again. I could not sweat like I can do now, too. Actually I have thought that I would never be able again, after 4 years off, to really have this sports/exercise sweat. Not the smelly sweat that comes with panic attacks, you know... the real, good sweat which really detoxes. Turned out, that my body needed years until this was finally possible.

But what people think about detoxing i most of the times what media and smart sellers make us believe.. detoxing is actually happening in each second you live. so your body is already detoxing. This has nothing to do with weight loss or sweat. And you do not know is it water you carry around or fat or a mixture of both, - and I like to trust the body and therefore would say the body knows that it is better to hold the kilogram now.

The feeling of being poisoned - I had it too as you might know.. and I had it for a very long time, and it came with a feeling of being stuck. The more my body recovered the more different things began to move. Fluids, weight, hormones. Of course at first without any balance. More like today this, tomorrow the opposite, then back again... I found it helpful to do tai chi, now I do yoga... everything where you stimulate not only the body but also the mind and your trigger all the trigger points and energy lines of the body helped me a lot.

I would not focus on the weight, I would focus on what you put inside your body and how you feel in general.

Chin up!!

So early in wd, you cannot know at all how you will look next year..

Hello:-)

of course me again. My personal experience is that people who have been on more than just one med (scream: here!! meeee! tooo!) need a lot of time to balance out not only the chemistry in the brain, also when it comes to the hormones, we seem to need more time. I have gained weight actually at the beginning, then lost it, then it was put on different areas again, and then lost it.... again. I could not sweat like I can do now, too. Actually I have thought that I would never be able again, after 4 years off, to really have this sports/exercise sweat. Not the smelly sweat that comes with panic attacks, you know... the real, good sweat which really detoxes. Turned out, that my body needed years until this was finally possible.

But what people think about detoxing i most of the times what media and smart sellers make us believe.. detoxing is actually happening in each second you live. so your body is already detoxing. This has nothing to do with weight loss or sweat. And you do not know is it water you carry around or fat or a mixture of both, - and I like to trust the body and therefore would say the body knows that it is better to hold the kilogram now.

The feeling of being poisoned - I had it too as you might know.. and I had it for a very long time, and it came with a feeling of being stuck. The more my body recovered the more different things began to move. Fluids, weight, hormones. Of course at first without any balance. More like today this, tomorrow the opposite, then back again... I found it helpful to do tai chi, now I do yoga... everything where you stimulate not only the body but also the mind and your trigger all the trigger points and energy lines of the body helped me a lot.

I would not focus on the weight, I would focus on what you put inside your body and how you feel in general.

Chin up!!

So early in wd, you cannot know at all how you will look next year..

Marigold :)

Gosh I am really glad that there are others like this!!

It's really not about losing weight in order to.... don't know... look *better* or anything like that. It's just that this is the very first wd that is so different from all the many others I had and every time I would sweat tons and lose a lot of weight. Both felt horrible of course but at least I could FEEL the poison leaving my body. That's just not at all the case this time and that is what worries me. When I was still on the drug I felt very very poisoned for the last 2 years. I rationally can't understand that I still feel the same even though I have been off for a while. I feel even more poisoned as soon as I can't go to the toilet for more than 2 days.

Anyway, I think you know what you are talking about and I really hope all it needs is more time. I do tai chi, too, eat very very healthy, do some things to tty to help my gut, started walking again.... I do what I can... yet everything feels stuck.

Trying to stay patient but this just sucks.

Hope you are well, Marigold

NE

Thank you I feel pretty good:-)

To detox and recover slowly is much better than loosing weight and energy in a short process, which robs you even more of what you need. I dont know if it was really the poison leaving your body when you lost weight or if it has lead to a lack of something like minerals. Maybe get that checked (can send you a pm to German labs which do that to a fair price if you want) .. I was like you and tried to force my body to do things faster, well, this is not an experience I want you to have, too. Its better to nourish the body and make it strong so it will do the best job. Time to let go, for now. Hard job, I know, but for now - let go.

You can do that. Strong lady, you.

I am not clear on why you felt that way. Its a rather novel way of viewing benzo wd. Many people lose weight OR gain weight when on benzos and ADs. Getting off those drugs does not always mean you will lose excess weight. I feel your first thought should be to get OFF all these drugs, and then recover, and face life without drugs at all.

Only then will you be able to see WHY you gained weight, and what you need to do to lose it.

I had the opposite problem: I was severely underweight when I got off benzos. I tried so hard to gain weight that first year off!

I did solve this problem, but it took some time.

Your first goal should always be your HEALTH. Weight, although it does play a role, is secondary to being healthy.

east :thumbsup:

I think I might have chosen the wrong words to explain. In any way I am too bad right now to try again. Another day lol.

Just, it is NOT about the losing weight izself but much more about the fact of massive detox that cones with it. And I just feel as if my body can't detox anymore. Anyway... hope you are all ok :)

never, this sort of confusion occurs every day on BB. All we have is words on a damn screen. I cant see your face or read your non verbal nuances.

I am puzzled by your using the word "detox." Can you explain a bit why you use this word? Here is my take on this, based only on what I know:

When you first go off benzos entirely, you have acute wd. That can last maybe a month and no more. After that, you settle into ordinary and also ugly benzo wd, with a lot of miserable symptoms. Benzo wd IS a brain condition. Benzos work on your brain. And when you goo off of them, your brain can produce hundreds of weird symptoms. And all of this is normal and all of this will eventually just fade away as your brain heals.

Whatever - try to remain positive no matter what. This wd wll end, and if you make better choices, any excess weight will drop off. I had the opposite problem. I began this weird journey WAY underweight. 85 lbs, and I am 5'3".  I was a stick with large breasts! I tried and tried to gain weight that first year, without much success. But when I really began to  heal, it became much easier.

east

:smitten: