Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I'm sorry! I'm just confused!

[je...]

There is evidence that the drugs do cause some degree of brain damage. As you can see, neurons can't regenerate! The brain damage that has occurred is permanent. So what are we waiting for in the "time cure"? These days I've learned that our symptoms are different and similar to TBI, so it's probably in different areas. So what does it mean that we're waiting for some form of recovery (so-called brain rewiring)?

in withdrawal you think it will never end and you will never Improve but it does happen.  I  also thought I had done some permanent damage and in my case with years of abuse I probably have to some extent but the place I am in now feel like heaven compared to my lowest in whithdrawl. .

can you add some info in your signature about your history

All the best

Andrew

[08...]

My neurodoc said to me its brain damage gaba neurons is damage and too much glutamate cause neurons to "die". But that the brain do heal. But it take time in some cases several years

I am 30 months off I think i never gonna heal. More sick now than in acute. If the brain heals why am i more sick now than ever? My brain is damaged real bad too. I will trust what my doc says if i get back to basic again. This is iatrogenic illness🤢😡.

This is my opinion I dont trust docs. One of them put me in this state saying benzo was harmless...😳

My neurodoc said to me its brain damage gaba neurons is damage and too much glutamate cause neurons to "die". But that the brain do heal. But it take time in some cases several years

I am 30 months off I think i never gonna heal. More sick now than in acute. If the brain heals why am i more sick now than ever? My brain is damaged real bad too. I will trust what my doc says if i get back to basic again. This is iatrogenic illness🤢😡.

This is my opinion I dont trust docs. One of them put me in this state saying benzo was harmless...😳

Sorry SS, you've been working this for an incredibly long time.  Kudos to you for being so strong!  I don't trust doctors like I used to either, better to be skeptical I think.  Though your neruodoc also told you it was brain damage, so maybe take that with a grain of salt too  ;)

I have to believe that at 30 months you have done a lot of healing, despite how you may feel and what your symptoms may be.  Your day must be coming, and I wish you calm, strength, and happiness.

Cheers,

RR

Right now I'm into 18 month of wd and upto 14 month I was not sure if I will ever heal , was very pessimistic,then some major healing happened with my head pressure . Now I'm confident I will heal in next 6-8 months.

Right now I'm into 18 month of wd and upto 14 month I was not sure if I will ever heal , was very pessimistic,then some major healing happened with my head pressure . Now I'm confident I will heal in next 6-8 months.

That is fantastic Kiwi, so happy for you!  I hope we're all where you are at soon.

Cheers,

RR