Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Beginning my healing

[Wo...]

Hello

I began this journey in 2013 being prescribed .5 mg Xanax for PTSD due to my sons Heroin addiction and the anxiety it caused me. I never took them regularly until January this year when I became sick and spent a week in the hospital were they gave me .5 mg Xanax 3-4 times a day, and for the next week I was home I took two a day. I stopped taking them and realized the scary withdrawals immediately. Spoke to doctor and was switched to .25 mg twice daily of clonazepam. Read the Ashton manual and asked doctor to switch me to Valium to taper. Will start my taper hopefully May 1st. Need many prayers as I seem to be sensitive to the withdrawals 🥺.

Hi Wonder Woman 68,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies! 

Be at peace, you found a good place here to share and get support and advice.

I am sorry to hear your troubles and about your son.  We love our children so much, it is understandable you needed some help. 

You might want to start a thread with questions to help you plan your taper on Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

Also, here is another place to post for support Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

It's helpful for other members if you put information in your signature (stuff like your benzo, dose, how long on it, and tapering status).  When you are ready to create a signature, on the forum page, click Profile, and then on the left side of the page (just below Modify Profile), click on Forum Profile.

Let us know if we can help you.

Hi Wonder Woman 68 :hug:

Thanks to share with us a few information:

1. Are you taking nowadays 2 x 0.25 mg/day clonazepam?

2. How long have you been on clonazepam?

3. Is clonazepam in tablet format or liquid Rx? Is it Klonopin?

4. From a symptoms viewpoint, are you having debilitating symptoms now? Are you stable with 0.5 mg/day of clonazepam?

Like in my case, many buddies successfully tapered clonazepam directly, with no need to crossover to diazepam. You can do it too. In this way you don't need to introduce a new benzo in your body.

Wish you a smooth journey towards freedom.

:smitten:

:) I was crossed over to 5mg of Diazepam twice a day here a few weeks ago by my doctor to follow the Ashton manual. I will be starting my taper around May 1st. My symptoms when I was on Xanax originally were severe tremors and massive anxiety, and I was actually having bad thoughts. I’m stable right now and ready to get the taper going to be off these meds 🥺. Thankful for all the support in this journey 😊