Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Antidepressant tapering

[Se...]

Hi Everyone,

I am sorry if this isnt the right place to post. Not sure where to post this.

I am wondering how one goes about tapering off of an antidepressant.

I am going to taper off of Cipralex (lexapro) once I am done with the benzo taper and feel strong enough.

Can I taper on the same method I have used for the Benzo?

E.g. 5 to 10% reduction every 10 days.

Any ideas or resources are welcome.

Hi,

I've tapered off mirtazipine & now nearly off venflaxine. In general people normally go by the 10% rule. I found myself  I could go a bit faster, certainly with the first one. Usually drop every 2 weeks, if I'm struggling I'll wait a bit longer. Not any differant to benzos really, just easier.

Thank you both so much, I really appreciate it.

I am hoping the anti-depressant taper is not too bad for me.

There have been stages during this benzo taper where I really was at wits end. I cannot believe the end is in sight finally. Its been a bumpy ride.

Hi Seeker-

Please give yourself time to heal after your benzo taper before you start the AD taper.  I understand wanting to be done with these meds once and for all, trust me,  but we also need to be gentle with our CNS.

Brighterday  :)

I'm 15 months off my benzo. I'm currently currently Sertraline but I have to go at a snail's pace!!  Super sllllooooooowwww.

I'm really hoping that when I'm completely healed from BWD that I'll be able to cut faster.