Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

New sleep patterns, almost too good?

[Re...]

So I had problems sleeping and falling asleep for a while. I take 0.5-1mg a night of melatonin and have for years before bed.

Lately the last few weeks I’ve been falling asleep within minutes and staying asleep every night and sleeping very deeply. Usually dreams and high sleep score (measured on Fitbit). It usually shows rem and deep sleep to be on the low side but it feels like a deep sleep and usually weird dreams that make no sense.

When I first wake up I think about the dream that usually makes no sense, then I get very confused for about 5 minutes.

While this all sounds pretty good, it just seems odd. Almost like my body is falling asleep and staying asleep too easily. I’m not against it at all, just wondering if anyone else experienced this? It just doesn’t feel “natural”...

If it’s the new norm that’s fine or is this some level of depression?

I've lately been in a hypersomnia place where after a year of horrendously broken/non-sleep I am sleeping again, but very deep and have a hard time when waking.

I'm told it can happen. the good news is our brains do a lot of repair when we get good sleep:)

I used to sleep deep during early wd , and used to see old places and people whom I haven't met in years. Those dreams were very real