Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

New level of confusion?

[Re...]

Ever since about (2) weeks ago I’ve been much more confused all of the sudden. I wake up confused and seem way more off than I did even previously. Is there anything that can cause this? It seems like it’s actually getting worse.

Anyone have any insight?

When I got off first time it was like I had severe dementia.

Lost pronouns, memory, couldn’t remember how to get dressed, set wheatbags on fire in microwave, couldn’t work out how to cut up a carrot and out it in a pan, couldn’t hold pen or work out how to write, forgot how to spell, forgot my own name a few times etc.

As dose gets lower again starting to get more confused again.

Retro:

I am so sorry for what you are going through. I want you to know that I read your posts and pretty much ALL of your concerns are benzo related. I know it may be hard to believe it bc you were not on them a long time - but this is most likely the case.

Breathe... accept it for what it is....it will improve. You might benefit from finding something to distract you as it is easy to become overly focused on symptoms in the beginning. We all go through that. I know its scary. Talk positively to yourself.

My confusion has left. It fades. You're going o be ok.

This happened to me at about 3 weeks into Acute.  I have told the story before. I had been bed-ridden and made it downstairs one evening to see a mess of a kitchen. 2 kids and a very stressed husband hanging on. I could hardly stand from weakness and shaking.  I said to myself - I will just unload the dishwasher and try to help.  Ten minutes later I went back to bed in terror because I simply could not figure out how to do it. This is when my Aunt diagnosed me with a brain injury. 22 months later: I manage cooking, cleaning , driving and shopping with ease.  But I still have difficulty multi-tasking and need rest breaks during the day.  While I  am not 100% recovered, I appreciate so much more in life and know that healing is still happening.