Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I know so little about this mess I am in.

[A ...]

13 yr Dr. prescribed. Clonazepam 1.5-2mg nightly. New doc wants me off this now. I stop taking it without even knowing about tapering down! A week of hell. Start reading about the drug, side effects from taking/withdrawl, need to taper down. Cut last of my pills in half to .5 nightly for the 2 weeks. doc cxl follow up because office closed due to coronavirus. Then the stay at home orders. 2 months into this journey and struggling. live alone. Isolation!

Hi A bridge beyond,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!  I'm so sorry to hear your doctor didn't give you good guidance and you had to do a fast taper.  It sounds like you've been going through a very rough time.  It's so hard to deal with benzo withdrawal but the current health crisis and need to stay home is making it even harder.  Withdrawal can be a very isolating, lonely experience.  That's one of the reasons it's so great you found BenzoBuddies - you'll find loads of good information and support from people who really understand what you're going through.

Am I right that you are off clonazepam completely now?  In that case I suggest you start a thread on Post-withdrawal Recovery Support .

Here's a link to The Ashton Manual written by a leading expert on benzo withdrawal.

Please take your time and explore the site and reach out if you have questions.

We're glad you found us!

Take care,

Brighterday