Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

25 months off exercise intolerance

[Ji...]

I have been feeling great but every time I start exercising I can go for a period of time and then start to deteriorate.  I start to slowly experience poor sleep, then irritable, then ultimately full blown crippling anxiety over a course of 3 to 4 weeks as I increase in intensity .  I Have to stop and heal again.  Takes a week or so before I’m ok again      Is this normal?  Anyone else ?

Hey, man. It's been a long time since we spoke. I'm noticing the same thing about exercise as of late. It seems the harder I go, the more troubled my sleep becomes. I need to test it out a little more though because I also sleep poorly if I eat anything after dinner. Like if I snack at all.

I ultimately had to go on TRT after it was revealed my testosterone levels were that of an 80 year old man or specifically 180! My T levels are now over 1000 and I recovered 90% of my old competitive physique!

Been going on 10 mile bike rides where much of it is uphill and gets me breathing real hard

Also weights 4 days a week.

Been going on 10 mile bike rides where much of it is uphill and gets me breathing real hard

Also weights 4 days a week

[be...]

What happens if you exercise more gently?

I bike a fair bit and continued biking during my withdrawal.  But I slowed down.  If I rode 'normal' speed, I'd get all rev'd up.  So I slowed down a bit (but rode the same distance - about 2100 miles that year). 

You'll be able to go hard again, but I'd invite you to back off the intensity of those workouts by 30% for a while.  If you're a 24 kph biker, maybe back off to 19 kph and see how it goes.

What happens if you exercise more gently?

I bike a fair bit and continued biking during my withdrawal.  But I slowed down.  If I rode 'normal' speed, I'd get all rev'd up.  So I slowed down a bit (but rode the same distance - about 2100 miles that year). 

You'll be able to go hard again, but I'd invite you to back off the intensity of those workouts by 30% for a while.  If you're a 24 kph biker, maybe back off to 19 kph and see how it goes.

I am definitely going to scale back.  Once I shake this set back.  Do you think the weight lifting is also a culprit?

[be...]

Same thing for weights.  If you're lifting near your limit and/or doing vigorous work-outs, I'm guessing it'll rev you up.

If you're pushing/pressing/lifting something as hard as you can and/or doing as many reps as you can, I think it's too much.  If my bench max was 250, I think I'd stay under 200 during withdrawal (and with slower reps and more breaks).  And definitely no tear-downs!