Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

To "The Elders" of Benzo Buddies: What does being 100% healed feel like to you?

[Mi...]

I am 10 months off of Ativan. I suffered the usual symptoms for months that faded over time. I don't take any medications. I don't drink alcohol or caffeine. I eat whole foods. I am "squeaky clean". I feel 90-99% healed most days. I still have faint tinnitus 24/7, & a bit of gloom with slight insomnia about  2-3 days per month, around my period. I feel soooo much better & the magical feeling I get from the relief of suffering feels just like that: magical. I can take long walks. I sleep at night. I am working now too (part time from home). I am so thankful. This recovery has been going on for about 2 months now. How did you know you were healed? Remember back to when it happened. Was it like a window that finally stayed forever? We're you so much better and into your normal life that one day it just struck you as "Hey. My brain finally healed." I want to know what that moment felt like for those who are 100% healed.

[d4...]
There wasn't an 'aha' moment for me (I wasn't much of a windows/waves kind of guy).  Healing/recovery was very gradual.  It's not like I woke up one morning and I suddenly felt good.  I just gradually felt less bad.

I get to a point sometimes where I think “I’m healed!”

And then my spine bends from laying a certain way in bed or sitting at a computer too long  (this triggers my symptoms) and my pulsatile tinnitus comes pounding back, and my internal tremors start up in my spine.

These symptoms used to be 24/7. Now they depend on my posture.

I’m sure someday my posture will stop triggering them, and I’ll finally feel normal <3

I’m 27 months out from benzos. But also got off gabapentin, seroquel, depakote AND Effexor during the past 2 years. I’m 6 months out from having 0 medicine.