Important Survey - Please Participate ×

To "The Elders" of Benzo Buddies: What does being 100% healed feel like to you?

[Mi...]

I am 10 months off of Ativan. I suffered the usual symptoms for months that faded over time. I don't take any medications. I don't drink alcohol or caffeine. I eat whole foods. I am "squeaky clean". I feel 90-99% healed most days. I still have faint tinnitus 24/7, & a bit of gloom with slight insomnia about  2-3 days per month, around my period. I feel soooo much better & the magical feeling I get from the relief of suffering feels just like that: magical. I can take long walks. I sleep at night. I am working now too (part time from home). I am so thankful. This recovery has been going on for about 2 months now. How did you know you were healed? Remember back to when it happened. Was it like a window that finally stayed forever? We're you so much better and into your normal life that one day it just struck you as "Hey. My brain finally healed." I want to know what that moment felt like for those who are 100% healed.

[89...]
There wasn't an 'aha' moment for me (I wasn't much of a windows/waves kind of guy).  Healing/recovery was very gradual.  It's not like I woke up one morning and I suddenly felt good.  I just gradually felt less bad.

I get to a point sometimes where I think “I’m healed!”

And then my spine bends from laying a certain way in bed or sitting at a computer too long  (this triggers my symptoms) and my pulsatile tinnitus comes pounding back, and my internal tremors start up in my spine.

These symptoms used to be 24/7. Now they depend on my posture.

I’m sure someday my posture will stop triggering them, and I’ll finally feel normal <3

I’m 27 months out from benzos. But also got off gabapentin, seroquel, depakote AND Effexor during the past 2 years. I’m 6 months out from having 0 medicine.