Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Dental appointment

[Ma...]

I have pretty serious acid reflux that is heavily effecting my throat, so dental appointments can be a challenging. Just in term swallowing or clearing my throat etc The question is how much of an effect something like a rescue dose will have

Members have taken a rescue dose now and again and they don't seem to have much of an effect in the big picture however it's kind of a bad precedent to set when thinking about how we're going to handle life after benzo's.  I get it though, its a tough place to be in.

I'm sorry for this, Matt. I had it, and it's awful.

But just a question. Why not get help for your reflux instead of thinking about taking a rescue dose of your benzo? If you have reflux, a rescue dose will not fix it. I knnow you know this . . . just saying.  :-\  Maybe start with your doc, or a gi doc, and an endoscopy? I know, it's scary. But then you'd know exactly what you're dealing with and can work on a fix for it. There are quite a few treatments from OTC aids to prescription strength PPIs to "natural" fixes.

Hope things turn out okay for you.

:smitten:

Katz

Hi Katz Thanks for thought full reply as usual.  I am not sure if I was clear, but I just wanted to take and extra dose of Valium just to reduce the anxiety of the dentist appointment. I have had 3 endoscopy's over the years the last in November 2018. So I have had some trouble with this fr a long time, but it really took off to a new level with withdrawal so it is hard to know what improvement might happen after I get off for awhile. My diet has been really sugar laden and I am really trying hard right now to jump over to yellow orange root vegetables and some healthy oils Part of the problem has seemed to be in holding on to weight and swallowing is kind of tough So sugary foods are generally easy to swallow, and good to hold on to weight. Really would feel better about life eating healthier even if it does not improve things immediately. It also distracts my from my paresthesia

Matt

PS Thanks to Pamster as well and I ended up just taking my evening dose before my appointment this morning and hope that my Melatonin will be enough to get through tonight