Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Blank , mute mind...common sxs in w/d?

[4a...]

[4a...]

On and off my mind goes blank. it is like my thoughts memories, inner voice/monolouge goes mute. No inner pictures. Not able to visualize. Is it dr? Dp? It is like I dont remeber  my kids face or how my husband looks like etc

What is this awful sxs?

Oh yes, Sundance shaman, I’m queen of blank mind. I don’t think I could formulate a thought for two years. Memory was shot. Couldn’t think of words or how to put them together. It hurt to even try to think. I just gave up on thinking. People talking about memories would astound me. I had nothing. My cognitive impairment was truly mind-boggling.

I wish I could say that I’m all better at 33 months out but I’d be lying.  Though I have improved. I heard Michael Whitaker saying that the MIND institute in England claims this can mostly clear up around the 5 year mark. Hanging on to that.