Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Is it possible to hit a plateau?

[Pa...]

For such a while I felt like I was healing. Now I just feel like my healing stalled. Need some encouragement right now. The added stress of boredom from being home isn’t helping either. I can usually distract myself. Anyone got any advice?

Hard to know if it's a plateau or as you said, environmental changes but you bring up a good point, you can't use your usual coping tools, I'm so sorry.  What projects have you had to put off because of your recovery, is there anything you can do to bring about a sense of accomplishment, that was one of my more powerful tools.

[e9...]

I felt like my healing rate slowed significantly after the first few months.  But then (after a few more months), it picked back up again.  Healing definitely doesn't feel linear.

I'm getting tired of the lockdown.  I hike/bike a bit, but that's like 5% of the time I need to kill.  So like everybody, I'm digging deeper to find things to do.  We all accumulate a lot of 'stuff' over the years.  Now's one of those times when you hope that stuff has some use.  It's either getting played with, cleaned/organized or thrown out.