Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I can take naps again!

[El...]

I just wanted to share with everyone out there who misses your naps, it does return! I couldn't take any naps anymore since my taper started, probably for about  the past 21 months. I couldn't even take a 5 minute nap except very occasionally. For all of March and this month also, I have been able to take 45 minute to an hour nap most days. And they aren't toxic naps either, just a normal nap!!

I really did not think it would ever come back. Thank God!

Eliza

Isn't it lovely to be able to nap again?  I'm so happy that you now can. I had 'toxic naps' early off benzos where I would wake up feeling just awful.  The first time I was able to nap without these feelings was so wonderful, I just let myself melt into the bed and enjoy the relaxed feeling.  This is a sign of good healing.

pianogirl  :smitten:

They feel great don't they? On certain days I'm able to take naps, but what's even better than that is getting a good night's sleep, which I'm also getting plenty of now. Sleeping in is the best out of everything, when I can just sleep until 11 am. I've always been that way and I'm never going to change nor do I plan on it.

oh, I remember the day I could nap again!! Nap nap nap napi nap!!! the little things make us so happy :smitten:

Congratulations - this means you will get a lot of rest for your body even if you cannot sleep well. Naps do count!!! :thumbsup:

Marigold