Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Going back to being super positive/motivated?

[Re...]

Apologies for the extra threads today, have a short brain boost.

I’m known as someone who is insanely positive and motivating. You could almost compare me to one of those motivational speakers. I’d come in to the office and amp everyone up. I’d get in super early and many would say my positivity was contagious.

I’ve lost all of this spunk and it was my mojo. I’d have a hard time falling asleep as I was so pumped for the next day. I’d send videos in the morning to get my whole team charged up for the day/week.

Now I’m just trying to maintain my job and barely maintaining. I am #1 of hundreds, but feel like I’m going to be at the bottom soon.

Is it possible to get back to my normal motivated and super pumped self again? It seems impossible at this  point.

I have to hope that since you only used the benzo's for such a short time that you'll return to your old self sooner than later, but we just don't know.  You have two things going against you at the moment, having to work from home and benzo recovery, but neither of these is permanent, you will return to who you were.  This is temporary, a long, stinking horrible temporary, but one none the less.

Hang in there.  :thumbsup:

I really hope you’re right. My team needs me and I’m having a super hard time faking it. I was the most positive and motivated person alive and now I can’t even imagine being that way again...

• 1 month later...

yes, it will all come back.

i am having a window so my old me is back, the "go-getter", but now i have soooo much compassion for others who can't find motivation and are suffering for diverse reasons.

can you exercise? it helps.

I am struggling hard with motivation too, but I was on for many years. I am still hoping for my brain to reset this my “normal” self. Good luck!