Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Xanax Taper

[Mo...]

Trying to be a little better at posting rather than reading everyone's story.  I successfully dropped down to .50 mg's of Xanax and will wait at least two weeks before attempting another drop.

Either I'm missing something or maybe the benzo has damaged my brain, but I cannot figure out how other members get down to such low milligram numbers with a pill.  How can you get an accurate cut?  If I cut the .5 into half, which is easy as it has a score mark, then what?  Cutting it again seems like it will only make crumbs. It would be great if I had the .25 tabs but no way am I going to ask for any more.  Just got a bottle of 90 refilled and most of those will be thrown out once my taper is done.

Have others jumped from .25 and been alright?  I'm tempted but really want to do it right.  Being off work now I'm not too concerned with sleep problems.  Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

I am very grateful to all of you who keep posting after being off for awhile.  We newbies wouldn't know what to do w/o you.  So thanks!

I'm doing a liquid titration, but I believe the people who do the dry cuts use a scale to weigh and therefore, they get down to low milligrams.

Hi Mongo

I am doing a Vodka titration which allows me to cut very small amounts. I take 0.5mg of Xanax and put in a small glass jar with 10ml of Vodka. I then use a 1ml syringe to draw up the amount I am taking, so a 1ml syringe full of Vodka/Xanax mix is 0.05mg Xanax which I squirt into a full glass of water. As the syringe is calibrated into easy marked 0.1ml calibrations I can get my dose as low as 0.005mg Xanax or whatever I am taking at the time.

As Xanax has short half life I split my daily dose into 3. One when I wake at say 6am, next 8 hours later 2pm, and last 8 hours after that at 10pm.

Today I am on 0.125mg Xanax and I will take 0.8ml, 0.8ml and 0.9ml of my Vodka/Xanax mix. Total 2.5ml x 0.05mg per 1ml syringe full of vodka/Xanax is 0.125mg of Xanax.

I do hope that makes sense for you and I am sure others will be along with their words of wisdom.

If you have a pill cutter and a scale you can do it accurately. Even if the pill breaks into crumbs you can still weigh the crumbs. That's what I did, but I was using 0.25 pills so it was easier.

I definitely wouldn't jump off 0.25 (for me that was my highest dose). I would taper to at least .625 and take that for a couple weeks before jumping.