Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Where are you, at a year out? Comparison

[St...]

I ended a yearlong taper of Valium last April 28. I had taken low doses for 1.5 years due to an injury, as part of a pain management plan for muscle relaxing. Realized it was causing more problems than helping. Tapered first 1 year.

I am almost 1 year without benzos, and I assumed I would be so much better than I am. The inner vibrations are still really strong. My feet are the worst- lots of buzzing. I get head symptoms daily- the come and fo so quickly. Dizzy, spacey, buzzing, pain and pressure.

Muscle spasms probably worst symptom all along. Most constant and painful. Chest pains, esophageal spasms. Vomiting randomly. Legs ache, feet burn. Been a long road.

Good news: I sleep. Panic and anxiety are MUCH better (never had before taper and jump), teeth don’t hurt as much.

Hoping to see more healing and less pain overall, soon!

You’re doing much better than me. I’m 13 months out, dealing with severe physical symptoms and mental symptoms still

What are your worst physical symptoms? The muscle pain for me- it causes the headaches because my neck spasms, legs burn and ache, so can’t really exercise. Vomiting is from esophageal spasms. January and February were horrible months for depression and panic. Hopefully, that won’t come back! For now, it’s better. I’d say I’m 80/20 physical symptoms to mental at 1 year out.

My worst physical symptoms are extreme fatigue, nerve and muscle pain, muscle weakness, inability to tolerate the sitting position or walking for more than 5 minutes at a time....HENCE couchbound and bedbound 24/7

I’m sorry u have vomiting that doesn’t sound like a pleasant one to have.

My mental are still rampant with derealization, intrusive memories and thoughts, anger, rage, cognitive issues...Can not operate....ALSO leaving me couchbound.

It doesn’t feel like healing to me. More like progressive decline and deterioration.

Is insomnia considered physical or mental? I have not slept in over a year. The couple of broken hours I can get are all nightmares and anxiety filled dreams, so I wake up utterly exhausted.

Is ur muscle pain constant at any position? Or does it worsen when u stretch it, move ur muscles, etc?

[a8...]
For some reason I never had any physical symptoms other than head pressure, brain zaps , pretty much all mental torture.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for the big delay. My muscles hurt in any position, but I have certain areas that are horrible- they rotate. Neck, hips, thighs, calves, feet burn. If I stay in bed, don’t move- it helps because I’m not as afraid of the pain. Head symptoms are very persistent, they hit fast and random. All day. But I can sleep:) And I only have about 2 toxic/panic mornings per month now- MUCH better!