Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

No Desire to do Anything Anymore

[bo...]

I'm now 24.5 months off benzos cold turkey and all I want to do, if I'm not working, is lay in bed. I just don't have any desire to do anything anymore like work out, make food, play video games. Doing dishes makes me so angry. All I seem to want to do is lay in bed and listen to music. I have no energy when I do try to do things or else I just get mad at people for no reason. I can't believe I've never fully recovered from this. It seems as though I've lost all my motivation and my rewards system is fried forever.

Boombox, I hear you. I am off for 13 months now. I have found its easy for me to hit the couch and watch the TV. Same crap overnight, always procrastinating! I have found if I take my Remmy (my fur buddy) for a long walk or do something I start to feel better. And that sometimes leads to more activity. I have to fight to get up and get going. Here I sit on a beautiful Saturday morning, after the first good nights sleep in four nights, reading BB. Its time to take a shower and get going. Its Easter weekend and I need to be positive.

Good luck Boomer. Get up, get moving, try taking a walk, anything to get your body moving.  I stuggle too.

J

Same I am 28 months off and feel worse than ever. I don’t even know how to cope anymore. I woke up super angry today, and hate everything. I’m so mad this is my life, and I’m constantly angry. I have 3 kids and I am beyond fatigued. I now have chemical sensitivity too so I constantly feel like crap. I wish this would just end. We all want to feel normal again. Sorry I’m venting I know how you feel.

Boombox, I hear you. I am off for 13 months now. I have found its easy for me to hit the couch and watch the TV. Same crap overnight, always procrastinating! I have found if I take my Remmy (my fur buddy) for a long walk or do something I start to feel better. And that sometimes leads to more activity. I have to fight to get up and get going. Here I sit on a beautiful Saturday morning, after the first good nights sleep in four nights, reading BB. Its time to take a shower and get going. Its Easter weekend and I need to be positive.

Good luck Boomer. Get up, get moving, try taking a walk, anything to get your body moving.  I stuggle too.

J

I got up and started my laundry and did the dishes and I feel better. Now I wish I didn't get angry every time my wife said we are going to do something. She said we are going to dye Easter eggs today and I feel this instant surge of anger about it. And it's like "why." It's not hard to dye eggs. My daughter will have fun. Hell, I'll probably have fun. Why do I get mad about everything that seems like a minor inconvenience. It's not like there is anything else to do.

Godsmyhope, you are one of the few people still on here that I remember from my early days off. Yes, the constant anger and fatigue is brutal. I really thought that I would magically be 100 times better by now. It turns out that it doesn't work that way. And I keep feeling disappointed and angry at people in groups and on this forum and I know I shouldn't be.

[54...]

Same I am 28 months off and feel worse than ever. I don’t even know how to cope anymore. I woke up super angry today, and hate everything. I’m so mad this is my life, and I’m constantly angry. I have 3 kids and I am beyond fatigued. I now have chemical sensitivity too so I constantly feel like crap. I wish this would just end. We all want to feel normal again. Sorry I’m venting I know how you feel.

I am also there so negative so angry so bored so sick of this 30 months off still really sick. My CNS is so damage from benzo w/d and not been able to leave my house. Super weird brain issues. Hate this. More sick now than in april 2019

I am also there so negative so angry so bored so sick of this 30 months off still really sick. My CNS is so damage from benzo w/d and not been able to leave my house. Super weird brain issues. Hate this. More sick now than in april 2019

I'm sorry, Sundance. Maybe we will get better someday. I don't really know what else to say. This is torture.

[54...]

I'm sorry, Sundance. Maybe we will get better someday. I don't really know what else to say. This is torture.

I hope thar more than anything let it end! Its pure evil ,terror ,torture.  I guess this is the new me. and I cant and wont accept it either. Its impossible to accept that my life is gonna be like this for the rest of my life. Damn life is over. I live in hell. This is the negative me. Bad day, bad mood.

I just sit.  I have no desire to take a shower, or to eat, or to watch tv, or to exercise, or to do anything.....    I feel like a part of my brain has been removed.  I feel no emotion, except for loneliness.

I'm right there with you. I have no desire to do anything. I get little glimpses like the first half of today where I wanted to go do some stuff. But I only get it like once a week for a very small window of time.

[54...]

I just sit.  I have no desire to take a shower, or to eat, or to watch tv, or to exercise, or to do anything.....    I feel like a part of my brain has been removed.  I feel no emotion, except for loneliness.

I am also like this....no emotions no feelings except anger loneliness and today sad.

I'm same.  Had to call an electrician today and was so embarrassed to have him enter my tip of a flat.  Can't do anything.  I try, walk in a circle, then return to the couch. 

Doctor today as have back pain unrelated to benzo's.  Hurts bad. Need analgesics as can't move to even cook.  My younger brother has just been diagnosed with liver cancer and has 2-6 months to live.  I'm on my own, I'm 72, and finding it really hard to cope. 

Thirteen months off Valium.  I notice improvement then it returns and kicks me in the head again.  OVER IT BIGTIME! 

Best to all.  I do know how you feel.