Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Is it normal to..

[Ac...]

Feel like it’s hard to tell where one symptom starts and another ends? It’s all just one big ball of feeling like my brain and body are scrambled to oblivion. Everything changes all day, and everyday is different. Is that normal?

It's been 18 months for me and you are right everyday is different.  I do notice that it seems like so much of our attention goes to thinking about what we think are symptoms on a daily basis.  You wake up and you're wondering what's my mind and body going to go through today.  There's some days you don't feel anything and then boom a week of pain, anger, weirdness, over thinking.  I believe we cause a lot of this ourselves worrying and being anxious about what we've damaged.  I'm learning to let it go and whatever comes comes.  It's tougher than just saying it.  As soon as you feel weirdness or pain, etc your mind then focuses on that sometimes for the entire day, week.  It definitley does get better over time with some work on yourself.  I believe being on then coming off creates anxiety probably worse than before you took anything.  You are not alone. 

It's been 18 months for me and you are right everyday is different.  I do notice that it seems like so much of our attention goes to thinking about what we think are symptoms on a daily basis.  You wake up and you're wondering what's my mind and body going to go through today.  There's some days you don't feel anything and then boom a week of pain, anger, weirdness, over thinking.  I believe we cause a lot of this ourselves worrying and being anxious about what we've damaged.  I'm learning to let it go and whatever comes comes.  It's tougher than just saying it.  As soon as you feel weirdness or pain, etc your mind then focuses on that sometimes for the entire day, week.  It definitley does get better over time with some work on yourself.  I believe being on then coming off creates anxiety probably worse than before you took anything.  You are not alone.

This is all so true. the "Anxiety" I had that my doc put me on benzos for is laughable compared to what I went threw in withdraw. 13 months off now. All though much improved still have more bouts of anxiety then before this mess.