Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Amino acids and return of symptoms

[kp...]

I dont know if it was a coincidence but i drank an EAA supplement while working iut and felt very depressed after. It was a similar depression to what i felt while withdrawaing. A few days ago I had a little gunny with melotonin and an amino acid and I again felt depressed. Coincidence or is my brain still too vulnerable to change? They are just amino acids, it shouldnt cause depression. Any thoughts? Experience? I appreciate it.

Info: 9 months off completely

Was on 40mg onfi for 5 years

Came off abruptly then back on to taper

Hello KPC

Congratulations: you may well be into phase III of your withdrawal. See post from sofakingdom at the top of this board.

The 3rd phase is characterized by sensitivity to a variety of food and supplements.

The good news is that the phase next will the last and final phase of your healing.

Best of luck

SG

I dont know if it was a coincidence but i drank an EAA supplement while working iut and felt very depressed after. It was a similar depression to what i felt while withdrawaing. A few days ago I had a little gunny with melotonin and an amino acid and I again felt depressed. Coincidence or is my brain still too vulnerable to change? They are just amino acids, it shouldnt cause depression. Any thoughts? Experience? I appreciate it.

Info: 9 months off completely

Was on 40mg onfi for 5 years

Came off abruptly then back on to taper

I noticed this as well, I tried an amino acid regimen because I read it could be very helpful with anxiety and depression.  What I found is that I can only tolerate L-theanine, while L-taurine and other aminos make me very agitated and sometimes depressed as well.  I am now eliminating aminos as a supplement and just eating whole foods as much as possible.

Oh, as for melatonin, I tried it years ago and had a very bad reaction with heightened anxiety so I have avoided that as well.

Best of luck.

Cheers,

RR

I'm ok with melatonin but cannot do most aminos yet. Some ppl eventually do ok with them but its way later and they incorporate them very slowly in tiny amounts and only one at a time.

Eat healthy and find out how to get your amino acids over the food. At this point of withdrawal, I would not play around with things which former may have helped for anxiety and so on. You are already able to workout? You are lucky! This way you can balance your hormonal system out yourself. You do not need amino acids for your workout routine.. you are still in the healing routine.

I remember taking vitamin b 12 and amino acid first day and noticed my twitching revved up. Same thing happened second day then I Stopped it .this was during 1 month of wd , hope I can take them now with np