Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Food and drink during tapering

[om...]

Can one use mayonaise and peanuts  during taper

And are there beside NO Coffee or alcohol other No,s

And what can you eat and drink as articles differ a lot

You can eat and drink whatever works for you.  But some sensitivity to foods can happen.  Definitely forget about alcohol, caffeine, white sugar, maybe dairy and gluten.  But dairy and gluten are ok for a lot of people, too.  If it makes you sick, just don’t have it.  I drink decaf coffee.  It’s fine.  Eat fresh veggies and fruit, more veggies than fruit.  Protein helps me.  I eat meat everyday, nuts, eggs.  Avocado is amazing, filling, super food , easy to digest.  Soup has been so good when I felt exhausted or messed up.  It’s easy and satisfying.  I make batches and freeze it in servings.  Baked potato with roast veggies on the side.  Lots of fish.  Nothing processed.  🙂

During taper you should be able to keep a normal diet.  I had more issues after I jumped.

As Healing64 mentions, you can have whatever works for you.

I used coffee and alcohol during taper and had no issues.  I have two cups of coffee (no sugar) a day and it helped get me going.  But if you are feeling anxious, then best to avoid it.  I enjoy making a cappuccino in the morning as the process of making it calms me and provides a sense of normalcy.

As for alcohol, I drink three nights a week.  Typically one cocktail while I make dinner, and a glass of wine with my meal.  But I am satisfied with that.  Many people have a poor experience with alcohol and drink too much.  If in doubt, avoid it.  Be honest with yourself.  Again, having a bit of alcohol at the end of the day relaxed me, but that might not be true for you.

Bone broth was my go to food.  But you can use vegetable broth if you prefer it.

Best wishes to you on your recovery.

It all depends how you feel i have no problems with caffeine or some sweets salty snacks make feel bad so i am avoiding them when i eat chocolate i feel good just don't overdo try to eat moderate amounts alcohol is a big NO i wouldn't go near it