Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Need some reassurance

[Bu...]

I didn’t know what waves/windows were until I recently found this forum. I don’t think I was experiencing them early on but in the last few months they’ve been really intense. They last about four days once a month or so. I don’t know what brings them on so I assume that I’m still in phase two. Did anyone else start having waves/windows later on in their recovery and could this be a sign of healing?

For me, waves followed some sort of stress, even ‘good’ stress. Anything that affects the nervous system can bring on a wave. It’s a hopeful sign if you’re only having them once a month for a few days. Laying low until it passed helped me the most.

Acceptance of the bizarreness and length of the process helped me most of all.  Easier said than done, I know.

:hug:

I perceive myself as almost completely recovered, but I still have some bad days (I'm only two months out from C/T). Generally, I sleep within 30-45 minutes of shutting the lights and closing my eyes, but some nights are harder than others. For instance, last night it took me 2 hours to fall asleep, which hasn't happened in a couple weeks. The pain we feel is our body healing. If you ever need a buddy to rant to or simply speak with, my PM's are always open.  :smitten: