Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Need some reassurance

[Bu...]

I didn’t know what waves/windows were until I recently found this forum. I don’t think I was experiencing them early on but in the last few months they’ve been really intense. They last about four days once a month or so. I don’t know what brings them on so I assume that I’m still in phase two. Did anyone else start having waves/windows later on in their recovery and could this be a sign of healing?

For me, waves followed some sort of stress, even ‘good’ stress. Anything that affects the nervous system can bring on a wave. It’s a hopeful sign if you’re only having them once a month for a few days. Laying low until it passed helped me the most.

Acceptance of the bizarreness and length of the process helped me most of all.  Easier said than done, I know.

:hug:

I perceive myself as almost completely recovered, but I still have some bad days (I'm only two months out from C/T). Generally, I sleep within 30-45 minutes of shutting the lights and closing my eyes, but some nights are harder than others. For instance, last night it took me 2 hours to fall asleep, which hasn't happened in a couple weeks. The pain we feel is our body healing. If you ever need a buddy to rant to or simply speak with, my PM's are always open.  :smitten: