Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

At what dosage is a good dose to jump

[Ch...]

Hello,

I've been micortapering Klonopin daily such that per week my reduction is equal 10% of the dosage from the previous week. 

I have a ways to go yet, but was wondering if there were any guidelines about when to jump.  I know people for example said they'd jumped at .0625, and some go down to zero. 

My plan is to go down to zero which would mean I'd be taping until October, and then have another taper to start after that (60 mg cymbalta).

thank you much

I will try to support you as well as I can. I think some people jump when they get to .10 mg's, while some cut into the micrograms? I C/T'd, but everyone's withdrawal is different. You would absolutely be safe if you jumped from .20 mg's, but it's your comfort that is important. I admire your will to taper that low, I could never do that. Even if I wish I could've been allowed a proper taper, I wouldn't have had the patience to cut to such small doses.

Thanks Ptolemaica for the kind words and information.

And thank you also Challis99 for what you did, that makes sense as well. 

Hope you both are having a good week. 

Hi Charlene.

I’m tapering clonazepam.  You can see my taper in my signature.  I’m currently at .1 mg once daily.  I would def not jump at .2 mgs.  That is not a low dose.  .25 is equivalent to about 5 mgs of valium.  You will be more comfortable stopping at a lower dose, I believe.  That is the reason to jump from a lower dose ...  your comfort.  If you have the time and support from your dr, no need to hurry.  I will probably jump at .0625, but it depends how I feel.  I cut each 10 days at 10 % of current dose.  Last two cuts have been almost symptoms free.  I like that.  I may go to .0312. 

Greetings, Charlene. The “Jim Hawk Taper Tool” has a “Quit Dose” radio button.  Select that option to view suggestions for quit (jump) doses for the various benzodiazepines, including clonazepam.  Here’s the link:

Benzodiazepine Taper Plan

http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/