Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Low Sex Drive

[...]

Befor Xanax I used to have a very high Sex Drive. But almost 14 months have gone my sex drive is still very low. I get morning errections only. I'm also having ED issue and I think thats related to my low sex drive.

I think thats permanent now and I'm screwed. I'm just 34 and that seems very frustrating.

Its not permanent.

Could you guys stop to tell yourself with every symptom "I think this is permanent". The longer I stay here on the board, the more it gets frustrating seeing newbies telling that themselves.

I was polydrugged and like you thought my sex drive was dead. I can tell you, I went through a period of such an re-awakened sex drive that I really could not help myself any more. It was like my body wanted all the sex it could not get the years it was drugged, - but all at once. I simply was getting hot on EVERYTHING. Vegetables, people no matter how they were looking, cars, trees... Take a male teenager and paare that with an overstimulated ape - that was me. Sorry to be so frank - but it was kind of funny.

My sex drive still is healthy and more intense as it EVER has been in my life. Has a lot to do with self love which I have discovered since I am med free and of course, with healing and recovery. Yes, there might be a pause for some years, but this does not mean it cannot return. For me, soooooo many things have returned and are still getting better and better - do not give up on anything.

I am 38 years and I feel more sexy than ever and I think the relationship I have now to my body, to sex and physical feelings in general, has never been so good before.

Marigold

Hi there!

When I titrated from 7.5mg of Valium last year down to 2.5mg this year, I noticed a massive difference in sex drive. I now have an unbelievable drive, so I can vouch that the flat sex drive definitely comes back. I can even drink coffee again without an adverse effect. Of course I'm remaining alcohol free for life.

Dave.

Right, ED is common during benzo withdrawal, and like all benzo withdrawal symptoms, it is not permanent. I am 100% recovered from all my benzo withdrawal symptoms by now. My you-know-what works fine again (although being in COVID lockdown, I won't get a chance to ... for a long time :( ).

Raiz were you on any other Psychiatric drugs like antidepressants or antipsychotics? Both of these can cause sexual problems that can sometimes last a long time after people come off.