Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

For those with muscle tension

[th...]

Hi all

I am now 6 mo off of benzos  .25 xanax for 3 years, then switched to .25 klonopin for 1.5 years

nearly 5 years total

It has been rough

I have been dealing with a number of mental and physical symptoms, until about mo 5 I was much more managable

After I started playing with some supplements and took a rescue dose of .25 xanax The last 5 weeks have been total hell

The muscle tension in my head, jaw  and face is unreal, as well as my stomach and abdomen, I feel like I cant breathe, with horrible bloating

awful anxiety, agitation and boatyness

who has had similiar issues and did they improve or resolve?

Thank you

Thedaydreamer

Hi the daydreamer,

Congratulations first of all on being off benzos for 6 months.  Sorry you're suffering with symptoms - it's frustrating to have come so far and be struggling but it isn't unusual I'm sorry to say.  It can take many months of stops and starts.

I hear you about muscle tension in your head, jaw and face - I've struggled with those too as well as the awful anxiety, agitation and boaty feeling you describe.  Muscle tension of all types is very common in withdrawal as I'm sure you know.  Many people, myself included, find very warm baths soothing - I put about 2 cups of Epsom salts and a few drops of essential oil (I use lavender) and soak for 20 minutes while listening to calming music.  For anxiety and agitation - avoiding caffeine, minimizing sugar and trying to get some exercise everyday is helpful.  Getting as much rest as you can may help with the boaty feeling - hopefully others can offer ideas on that.  My own symptoms have definitely eased up over the past several months.

I'm really sorry you're suffering and I hope you have a good window soon.  With time, distraction and self care you will continue to heal.  I wish you much healing!

Brighterday