Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

High heart rate during withdrawal

[Ni...]

Hi there, I suffer from a high heart rate during my taper even though when I count it it's only 70 to 80 beats per minute. Sometimes I can feel my heart beat through my chest. Does anyone else have this?

Nikitas,

The sensation of feeling your heart pounding, palpitations etc. are common withdrawal symptoms.  This has been a big symptom for me - it really concerned me and raised my anxiety.  I had it checked out and ruled out any problems but it was still tough to handle.  I'm happy to say it's definitely eased up over time and is hardly an issue for me anymore.  Wishing you the same!

Brighterday

Hello

I just recently jumped from .25 mg of Ativan ( 5 days without) and my heart races periodically.  Very uncomfortable but it gets less everyday.

I just try to deep breath and meditate..

That started for me when I got down to 1 mg, where I still am. Like a hamster on a wheel in your chest, yes? I got a prescription for beta blockers, which I take if it's really bad but it seems to be stopping now. I've been holding at 1 for a bit before starting again to give my heart a chance to even out; I'm assuming the racing heart will come back when I go down more.