Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Up dosed to 50mg for one day due to corona crisis. Been on a 4mg hold for months

[Jo...]

SO I broke yesterday, Been on a hold pattern of 4mg of Valium daily. Ended up taking 50mg yesterday. My anxiety was through the roof watching my financial security go up in flames, quarantine and my sister has emphysema who is now having covid symptoms. It was stupid. I feel ridiculous for doing it. It did help my anxiety. But I have absolutely no interest in doing it again. Now im in fear of how it will affect me moving forward during my 4mg hold.

Has anyone done this kind of up dose for a day? Will I have hell to pay later? Should I increase my hold amount to a slightly higher mg amount and taper down from there? Or should I be ok if it was just the one time.

Ive never done this before. I scared.

Any insight would be appropriated

Thanks

I am on xanax so I can't really say but overall, if it were me, I wouldn't updose unless you absolutely had to. Good luck. Very trying times for all of us.

Stay at 4mg. Don't do this again.. As for how much (damage?) it will do to your taper, who knows. I guess you'll see over the next few days. 50mg is a lot of diazepam to take in one go (particularly for us).

I would think that doing this just one will not be particularly damaging .

If I were you I’d just keep on with my taper...you’re not the only one who’s updosed, accidentally or not. It doesn’t seem to hurt anything in the big picture as long as it’s a one-off.

This virus stress is affecting everyone, benzos or not, but certainly the anxiety that normally comes with benzo withdrawal makes this ten times harder.

:hug:

definitely dont do it again. If you hold at 4mg no matter what you will be okay. just dont updose for any reason. I know this is a stressful time..especially having to worry about loved ones. just maintain your hold.

Thanks for everyones input. I didnt dose at all yesterday. Thinking a days break might even out the amount in V my system from the dreaded updose 2 day ago. Feel ok today and plan on continuing on 4mg tonight and moving forward. I only take at night. I'll update in the coming days.