Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

"Numb" sensation windows, with no pain or anxiety.

[Ju...]

Throughout my withdrawal, even at the beginning about 1 month in, I've had similar windows to what I'm experiencing now at 8 months out, they don't last very long, maybe a half an hour or an hour. But everything feels numb and there's no pain or anxiety at all, and I just walk around my house like nothing ever happened and I can go outside and everything, and come back in like nothing ever happened, and then the wave start back. I don't know if that's how it's going to feel when it's over, but I don't understand the numb feeling. I don't mean like I can't feel my body or my hands or anything, I just don't know how to describe it other than a numb feeling. Like there's not all kinds of pain or anxiety. And I thought I had back issues and hand issues and stuff, but I don't feel it during those windows. So maybe I don't have anything wrong. I had a couple back surgeries a few years ago, maybe I didn't need them. I've been diagnosed with neuropathy and all kinds of stuff as well, maybe I didn't have that either. Just like all the stomach problems I had while I was on the benzos, maybe I didn't have that in reality either, it was just caused by the pills. All I know is I like that numb feeling because it's not bad at all.