Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Feeling paralyzed

[Ju...]

That has been my biggest problem throughout this whole entire thing, it's not the most uncomfortable thing or the most scary thing, but it makes it impossible to get up and do anything. Maybe I have underlining depression issues but it feels like I'm paralyzed from benzo withdrawal, whereas I can't do anything or get up even when I have to. I'm just stuck in bed. I will just be laying here burning up, and feel like I need to get up but I can't. It makes me not want to go out and exercise or do anything at all, feels like I can't move. All I know is it's really bad for physical health. Hopefully it goes away.

Hey Justintime,

Im going through the same thing. Is it the symptoms which keep you down, depression or both? How is your sleep, anxiety etc.

It can be symptomatic of withdrawal as I have been told by sufferers on this forum.

I've been going through the same due to bad symptoms, including visual, dizziness, DPDR, anxiety, no taste or smell, burning skin & tinnitus, like I have been attacked from all sides and I just try and distract by watching TV in bed. I used to be very active and loved the outdoors, now I am socially inept, withdrawn and have agoraphobia. It's like I didn't need the lock down to stay at home and hibernate in my room. I get very guilty about not been able to do exercise, but I get too dizzy.

Hope you start feeling better soon.

CyberA

Cyber A,

I'm going through the exact same thing. I used to be really active and I would do push-ups and squats and curls and stuff like that at the house and then I would go for long walks outside and constantly good exercise. So I never went to the gym or anything, but I was always really active. I was always in pretty good shape up until recently. Now I just feel like I'm withering away with withdrawal.

So basically, I feel like it's a little bit of both. I have underlining anxiety and depression issues , and now I have the withdrawal on top. I'm trying to take care of my anxiety and depression issues, without medication. Which I'm guessing is a big part of this process. And the symptoms go away completely sometimes and I get Windows, but for the most part it's all waves. But at least the waves are getting less intense with time.

My most problematic symptoms are intense anxiety, but it's more Panic symptoms. I get the burning up and I don't get much sleep usually, but every couple days I get tons of sleep. The other night I actually slept for 12 hours for the first time in like a year. And the night after I got like 8 hours of sleep. But last night I only got about 3 hours of sleep. My appetite has been pretty much normal, and if anything I eat more than normal. I drink lots of water. My eyesight has been really bad and I get confused a lot and I have lots of outburst and I text people really crazy stuff, like my family nonstop. I have gotten really pissed off at my case workers and doctors and stuff. I'm just trying to make it through oh, I don't have any urges to go back on them or anything like that. I just don't want to suffer anymore. Luckily it's getting less severe so it's just a matter of time before it goes completely away is my guess. So for now, I just go for walks on my windows around the beach. And yeah, it's almost like we are quarantined without Coronavirus. So we might as well use it to our advantage. Hope you do well and I hope your symptoms go away. If I left something out, my bad, it's still really hard for me to think and taken information as well. Sometimes it takes me a day to remember what people say. Delayed responses.

Cyber A,

I'm going through the exact same thing. I used to be really active and I would do push-ups and squats and curls and stuff like that at the house and then I would go for long walks outside and constantly good exercise. So I never went to the gym or anything, but I was always really active. I was always in pretty good shape up until recently. Now I just feel like I'm withering away with withdrawal.

So basically, I feel like it's a little bit of both. I have underlining anxiety and depression issues , and now I have the withdrawal on top. I'm trying to take care of my anxiety and depression issues, without medication. Which I'm guessing is a big part of this process. And the symptoms go away completely sometimes and I get Windows, but for the most part it's all waves. But at least the waves are getting less intense with time.

My most problematic symptoms are intense anxiety, but it's more Panic symptoms. I get the burning up and I don't get much sleep usually, but every couple days I get tons of sleep. The other night I actually slept for 12 hours for the first time in like a year. And the night after I got like 8 hours of sleep. But last night I only got about 3 hours of sleep. My appetite has been pretty much normal, and if anything I eat more than normal. I drink lots of water. My eyesight has been really bad and I get confused a lot and I have lots of outburst and I text people really crazy stuff, like my family nonstop. I have gotten really pissed off at my case workers and doctors and stuff. I'm just trying to make it through oh, I don't have any urges to go back on them or anything like that. I just don't want to suffer anymore. Luckily it's getting less severe so it's just a matter of time before it goes completely away is my guess. So for now, I just go for walks on my windows around the beach. And yeah, it's almost like we are quarantined without Coronavirus. So we might as well use it to our advantage. Hope you do well and I hope your symptoms go away. If I left something out, my bad, it's still really hard for me to think and taken information as well. Sometimes it takes me a day to remember what people say. Delayed responses.

Hi JustInTime,

I hope you get better and get more windows soon. If you getting windows it means you on the way up. It's just a slow process I hear, as I'm getting frustrated as dont get noticeable windows still.

Yeah those windows come and go. Sometimes I will get them every other day or so, and then other times I have to go weeks without them. Some people go months without them. But eventually you heal regardless. I wish you a fast recovery.