Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

8 months off and feeling better

[Ju...]

MUCH better than I was a few months back, but still having bad mornings and waking up during the night and burning and still having "crazy" outbursts during the day and texting family all kinds of ignorant stuff. I quit July 14th 2019 and came home from hospital (the relapsed me for 2 days idk why) on August 6th, so about 8 months off. Anyone having success with no symptoms or is/are their symptoms getting better around 8 months like mine? I'm just looking for that "get better magically" answer. Keep your heads up...

No magic answer....but i was improving quite a bit by month 8.  Month 9 and 10 were my best most hopeful months regarding healing.  Months 11 and 12 challenged me again....but all in all, I improved each month with varying sxs. 

You have 8 grueling months behind you.  This is huge!  Keep on stepping through.

Glad to hear you're doing well! Sometimes I feel like it's never going to end. But I've came a long ways, so I will keep going. I did not know that it would get better and then get worse again, so I will prepare myself.

Oh no...It doesn't get worse for everyone.  Months 11 and 12 were not worse...just a few sxs came back that messed with me psychologically more than physically.  My healing has been more linear...overall. 

Months 11 and 12 were more tense with all the holiday hoopla and traveling.  I think this contributed to my uptick in sxs.  One thing that has been constant in all this....the more uptight and stressed I become, the more sxs pop up.  We can't always control what events we have to face, so I try to control how I respond.

Always trying to protect my CNS.  Really challenging with the pandemic. 

Expect the unexpected.  In your case, it may be speedy healing from here on out!

Yeah I hear you on that, the holidays were really bad for me. Lots of stress and only off of benzos for four or five months and experiencing the worst all at once. And yeah, every time there's lots of stress it brings on the horrible physical benzo withdrawal symptoms, but then after that you get a window. At least I do. So I'm just hoping that the worst of the worst is over within this 8 months time frame.

thanks to both of you for posting hope that things "let up" and to guard against stress as it can make things worse...I'm just past 30 days its interesting see where ppl are at in different phases of this "journey".

Katrina

For sure Katrina, you have a ways to go but you will be just fine. Or maybe you won't have much longer at all, who knows right? It's not really important because we have our whole lives, contrary to how it feels. The most important thing throughout the process was hearing you will heal from people. It's true, you will heal. You have to think about it scientifically, it's a temporary injury or withdrawal or whatever you want to call it, not permanent. And for all we know, stress might make it go faster. But I don't recommend it.

I'll take sooner:)

I also try to look at it logically/scientifically. It helps me to be more analytical. But then sometimes blind faith/ hope is a remedy too:)

I hear you on that. I do have one Theory. Do some crazy things that make you super anxious and stressed out like working out and talking to really ignorant people and dealing with family and all kinds of stress at the same time, during withdrawal, and get better quicker. And by the time you're feeling better, nothing can affect you.:-) that's what I've been doing at least. It seems to be working. Although I didn't have a choice.

LOL

Your theory isn't something that I have to try..life just gives that to us as things don't stand still while we recover! There's so much on my plate right now in addition to healing. I thought the other day that if I can make it through this, during these times, and with regular life stressors - I may come out of this invincible !!  I believe its called resiliency:) For now i just try to flow with what is until the day I can officially put on my super hero cape:)

Exactly, life does not stand still! I wish it did during these times but it doesn't. Just in the past eight months, I have dealt with a bad relationship and divorce, child custody, evictions, Social Security hearings, a bad psychiatrist, switching doctors, running out of money and my bank going into the negative, moving into a new place, putting my furniture in storage, dealing with Realtors, dealing with Adult Protective Services at DSS, and I even had a cop outside of my house telling me he had to take me to the hospital because Social Services called the cops on me and said I was suicidal. I really wasn't, but I was acting like I didn't give a shit about life during the eviction and that was enough to get them there. So then I got into a two-day standoff with them pretty much, arguing behind the door and they kept saying they were going to take me to the hospital involuntarily and I said yeah but I'm not opening the house. So eventually after 24 hours, the order disappeared and they left. So I've had quite a bit of stress. So once this is all over and I have income and I'm not going through withdrawal anymore, I will be able to just relax all day every day hopefully. Maybe just order groceries to the house and walk the beach and that's it go to the dentist every now and then and attend my phone therapy with my provider and therapist. Life will be so much easier. If I had had income during this time it would have been much easier but oh well. :-)

I'm about 7 1/2 months off myself and I will say that things are def getting better!! Months 3-5 were the very hardest months of all for me, but made it through them and seem to be a bit better day by day. I know that I'm not finished with this journey yet, but the days have gotten easier. Acceptance and distracting have been the biggest things for me! Mornings are the hardest for me as well, with intrusive thoughts and some anxiety/depression. I still have the tinnitus but it is getting better as well! In the evenings a bit of dp/dr, but overall things seem to be heading in the right direction! I keep in touch with a c/t survivor on a daily basis and she keeps me encouraged and pushing through each and every day!! We've got this!!

Yeah we are at about the same time frame. I quit cold turkey on July 14th of 2019, and I went to the hospital on the 17th, and they gave me meds for two days which basically relapsed me, and then cold turkey again on the 19th because they didn't even taper me. I don't know if it made it worse or not, it was a waste of time and I suffered at the hospital when I didn't have to be there at all, I was there voluntarily. So yeah on the 14th this month it will be 9 months. Or if you include the two days, technically on the 19th is 9 months.