Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Klonopin at same time everyday

[Re...]

Do you have to take klonopin at same time every day? I take 0.5 three times a day. When withdrawing can you take it just when feeling anxious or do you need to take it at specific times.

[64...]
I think you want to get on a fairly routine schedule.  You def want to get away from a mindset where anxiety equates to taking a pill.

Take the benzo st the same time daily.  When tapering, continue to do that.  When tapering make a plan for how you will stop gradually.  Random dosing ‘as needed’ is very confusing to your brain.  Def do not stop all at once. 

Thanks so much for the advice! I really appreciate it! Also I took a different generic brand this month and can this make it worse?

[64...]
In theory, the potency should be pretty close for the various brands.  That being said, some people say they notice a difference when they switch brands.

I had no success with my taper until I regimented my doses. I took my two doses at exactly the same time 7AM and 5PM and they were weighed on a gram scale so that they were exact. consistency and accuracy are going to by your greatest ally in this process trust me. Wishing you luck! if you have any questions or need help youre welcome to message me. I already made all the mistakes and someone navigated my way off of klopinin in an 8mo period and im approaching a year off.

I always have taken regimented doses to control my panic disorder. Didn't realize the drug was actually causing panic until many years on it. I am sticking to my same regimen and cutting from each dose over time. It's much better for me because it's hard enough cutting the medicine. If I changed the times I take it my body would revolt. I'm almost 4 months into my taper. So looking forward to being benzo free!

sSR,Me too! I’m holding right now at 1 1/2. My doc just gave me seroquel to sleep. I was sleepy most of the day today. Do you know if seroquel helps with tapering? Does anyone know?

Some people can't tolerate it, remember it must be tapered when you're done with it.  There is always a price it seems.

I decided not to take seroquel. I was taking naps everyday and having a hard time sleeping just recently so going to try to eliminate naps and get my body on a time cock. I don’t want another medicine to taper off of.Im on 60mg of prozac and I’m fine with that but want to get off the klonopin for good!

[64...]
Or consider taking naps when that's what your body wants to do (rather than fighting it).  It may mean less sleep at night, but I figure it all adds up.

Redbird

Some of us need routines in dose times , sleep schedules etc.  I know I function best that way.  I recommend taking your doses at the same times.  If you want to go to bed later, then gradually by 10 minutes a night, move the dose later.  But jumping around doesn’t work in general.  And same for sleep.  If I were to nap 3 hours at daytime, then take a benzo and be awake all night, I’d be messed up.  My brain likes the schedule.