Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Scared about medication supply

[du...]

Is anyone else panicking about drug supply interruption due to COVID? I am no where near close to a place where I could just stop taking it. I have left a message with my doctor to ask about an early refill, but even then... I won't have enough time to taper appropriately if there are shortages.

What should I do? Any advice?

I have no solution but just to let you know I am very concerned about the same thing so you have company....it consumes me too as I am not low enough on Clon to not have a very bad time of cold turkey.  So you are not alone....I asked my pharmacist and they just said I would have to call around to find some.  Not much consolation that they care about drug dependent people and the consequences.  I had hoped they would say they would help but no.......I’m on my own. 

Let’s hope that China who supplies ingredients is starting back up to keep companies solvent.  Again, you are not alone....I’m just ignoring it right now with all the other Covid stuff, but I will be frantic if it happens.  Hang in there!!  Suzuka9

[89...]
I don't think drug manufacturing is likely to be compromised anytime soon.  These outfits already practiced good sterile technique, so they're likely to keep their workers safe (at least in their work environment).

I asked my pharmacist and they just said I would have to call around to find some.  Not much consolation that they care about drug dependent people and the consequences.

Wait, are you already experiencing shortage locally or did you just ask in the event that it happens? Currently my pharmacies have stock.

I don't think drug manufacturing is likely to be compromised anytime soon.  These outfits already practiced good sterile technique, so they're likely to keep their workers safe (at least in their work environment).

Yeah, the worry for me is that India has already locked down some. They seem to be doing okay as far as infection right now, but we all know how quickly that can change. I am hoping you're right!

I just asked in event it happened as I had read it could.  CVS had enough for this month but said they get what McKesson, the middle man gives them, and have little control over that brand and amount they get.  That wasn’t very  consoling but it was a what if, not a reality, when I asked.  Teva is my brand and I think it’s Indian??  But no, it was just a what if.....benzo dependency makes me worry about the worst sometimes....didn’t mean to alarm anyone,it was just wanting to know what to do should it happen which calms me to have a plan and not be caught off guard.  If it happens we will all have to figure it out when and if.  Hopefully it won’t happen.    :)

Even though they say to have at least a months supply of meds cvs wouldn’t refill my prescription 10 days early. Scary times.

They would not fill mine early either and it was  Only a few days early. I asked if they could put some aside and I’d pick it up in a few days, explained I was iatrogenically dependent but no.  I had to wait until the exact day mine was due so this stuff about getting some ahead is not true at CVS at least....would not give you much time to call around if they told me they had none which is what freaks me.  Scary times is right.....

Well despite my fear, I will say my CVS has been very helpful. They let me refill mine 4 days early and it went through insurance. I also refilled my Zoloft 15 days early.

I started coming back on to benzo buddies because I have been thinking about the community in relation to this scary time. My advice to you is to get a mask and gloves/hand sanitizer if you can. I really dont think you have to worry about people not making benzos. I think the only real challenge is going o be going to get it from a pharmacy (in terms of your own personal fear or worry in doing so) Your doctors can send prescriptions into pharmacies. a lot of pharmacies have drive throughs. If I was in your situation what I would do is call my doctor nd have a conversation and ask how they plan to prescribe your meds to you during this time. Get on the same page as them to ease your anxiety. Now, with a mask and gloves you can still enter stores..even without gloves you can but you need to have a procedure. The other day I went to a smoke shop to get CBD oil for myself. I luckily have an n95 mask but for a quick trip in and out of somewhere a surgical mask will have to cut it if you have access to them. I called ahead and had the store clerk have my things in a bag ready to ring up. I asked the cost to make sure I could have cash ready. I let them keep any change as to not come in contact with anything anyone has touched. I had my boyfriend pull up to the store. I left my car door open and put on the floors lysol wipes and a bag to put garbage. I went into the store paid the clerk and took my stuff. I went to my car and on the curb I wiped down the cbd and placed it in my car. I then took all the garbage to a near by trash can and threw everything including my gloves into the trash. I then used hand sanitizer. then I took my mask off. I went home and showered. I know it seems like a process but this is life right now and its totally doable, especially for the prescription you need. take some time and look up how to practice proper infection control. the more familiar you are with how to behave to keep yourself and your loved ones safe, the more secure you will feel. Just try to remain calm and do what you can to control what Is in your capabilities of controlling: Your reaction to this and making plans to endure the situation and get the things you need. If anyone needs anything feel free to message me. good luck and take a deep breath! Everything will be okay.

They would not fill mine early either and it was  Only a few days early. I asked if they could put some aside and I’d pick it up in a few days, explained I was iatrogenically dependent but no.  I had to wait until the exact day mine was due so this stuff about getting some ahead is not true at CVS at least....would not give you much time to call around if they told me they had none which is what freaks me.  Scary times is right.....

I don't think that has anything to do with the times, it's a controlled substance. I've never been allowed to get my refill early. There were times when I was traveling and wanted to get it sooner. I've never been allowed to do that at any pharmacy.  One time my doc did cancel my prescription and call in a new one because I was going out of the country for three months.