Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Why recovery is so heartless!

[je...]

It's not enough just to offer encouragement like "time to heal"! Too many people, like me, want to die every day and can't bear the pain for another day! We need more help! It's not obligatory, but we really need it! The forum needs to be improved to provide more active sections! More information is needed! More exercise and diet support!

I have found that people here do offer more support than "time to heal". Many ppl suggest diet changes, exercise, supplements, etc. But unfortunately, time really is the key. I'm wishing you better days ahead.  :)

The forum is already pretty large and there are many topics ranging from exercise to diets.  The problem with adding more content is that many people are cognitively challenged during withdrawal and have a very difficult time navigating the forum as it is.  This is especially true for new members, we get SOS's frequently.

pianogirl  :smitten:

Jerry - search BB more.. there is lots of info and wisdom here. It sounds like you're maybe looking for more like an active chat room for that more "tangible" feel.

Acceptance - soooo hard. to accept that there is nothing to make this go away NOW. I wrestle with it daily. But I do not know how I would cope without this site right now. I've made so many positive connections on here which help validate what I'm going through - what you're going through.

In practicality, I know what logically will help this process; proper food, exercise (when tolerated), positive inputs all day long, filtering out crap, good supports (BB).

We're here for you Jerry...one day I will see your success story and remind you of this post and say" Oh thank God that's over -right?!"

Hi Jerry

Recovery is so frustrating.  It’s difficult to wait to feel better or to believe that the advice given is enough.  Or that there must be more or better ways to heal.  I hear you.

We’re lucky to have this place.  There’s so much help here.  It’s the best support I’ve found.  Other people healing or already through with benzo use validate me.  Those needing help that aren’t as far along, can be welcomed into the process.  BB breaks the isolation.

The thing is ‘it takes time to heal’ is one of the best bits of advice for me.  I give that a lot.  I also give meditation, diet, mind set ideas.  There really isn’t anything else.  Acceptance, patience, healthy choices and support are it. 

I think it’s all right here.  I wish you recovery and that this struggle is a distant memory for you. 

It's not enough just to offer encouragement like "time to heal"! Too many people, like me, want to die every day and can't bear the pain for another day! We need more help! It's not obligatory, but we really need it! The forum needs to be improved to provide more active sections! More information is needed! More exercise and diet support!

I do not know one person who did not want that all ended while being in withdrawal. I also know that many members react angry about the support they are given and pick out what triggers them, as in your case the sentence about time to heal.

We all had to find our own personal diet, our own path to find peace while having the worst symptoms, we had to try so many things and strategies to find the ones which were helpful to us. There is no one and true way for healing. If I told you about my diet or my strategies - these would be out of my situation, my body, my experience. The board is full of information and I cannot count the topics about diets, supplements, strategies for each symptom ... the only thing that could be technically improved is the search function but this is a difficult thing to do.

I personally, being 4 years off, find it hard to manage the numerous pms I receive and being asked again and again "how long did it take until symptom xy  was gone" - dont get me wrong,I asked the same question over and over again when I was in acute withdrawal because thats what drives you crazy ... - but for the members being here giving support to the newbies, it can be stressful from time to time. Very often people react angry when you do not chat with them or answer immediately - and if you spend time off the board, they doubt that there are people who are almost healed here in bb. It's uhm... difficult.

So, - I hear you, I understand and sadly no one can deliver you a cure or be a coach for you, we cannot deliver that. But you can post here and always will get an response from a human being, giving tips or recommendations, - but its you who has to test out what works and what does not work. That is the truth. Its hard you have to work your ass off in times you feel like you do not have the energy for another hour, I know, but so many of us here have done it and survived it and there are various ways how people cope today and they all have a life and think wd was necessary.

Here comes  hug :smitten:

Marigold

There is a lots of help on this site but need to spend time and energy to sort out relevant information. From scholarly articles to personal experiences, answers to specific questions. We are all suffering and there is no magic wand unfortunately. Trying to understand the process whats happening with us and why, what people do to relieve their symptoms, went their frustration. Very comforting to know that we are not alone, not crazy, not mentally ill but we are the victims of benzodiazepines. We have no choice but to hope that our central nervous system will recover one day from the attack and damage of benzodiazepine use. Recovery time frame is very personalized by our own body based on the type of drug we used and use. Based on underlying health and mental conditions, age, social context, availability of health services and support from family, friends and support groups.

Once I participated in a 14 session  cognitive behavior therapy and among many good suggestion I was recommended to do something about the things what was bothering me to improve my recovery. Helps with focus, sense of accomplishment, empowers.