Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Just scared

[73...]

[73...]
I’m on 3.5mg of Ativ, and I totally lost ability to sleep, no therapeutic benefits from it anymore, I can’t stop CT, tapering as fast as I can because it feels like CT already, it’s my 9th time coming off, I’m one of the severe cases, I’m losing touch with reality everyday more, I was holding for three weeks and I got even worse, nothing works for my sleep not even the low doses of three sedative antipsychotics I take, I’m desperate. Can’t take that insomnia and vision problems anymore I feel like I’m on a LSD. Everything is dimmed, colors I see are washed out, sunlight is dull, I’m everyday more confused little more and I won’t know who I am anymore, I lost all my memories long term and short term (Amnesia). Can’t even go out of my bed. I’m so scared that I’ll never heal because I’m stuck on Zyprexa that also works on gaba.

Hi akul...are you able to get out of bed, even if just to walk around and get a little exercise? In hindsight I spent 18 months on the couch but mostly because I didn’t want to get up, didn’t want to do anything...not because I couldn’t. It made it harder for me to get my full health back I think.

I agree with Challis about trying to get up.

If you are in bed all day, you mind will not equate the bed with sleep at night.  This is one of the most common axioms made by sleep experts. 

Can you create a separate place to spend your daytime hours?

Also, back to Challis suggestion, can you do baby steps to start walking.  At first, just walk as far as you feel comfortable and keep tract of how much time you spent in the walk.

On future walks, go a little farther based on time.  You will surprise yourself as you improve.

In the meantime, taper slowly if you are going to do it.

[73...]

I agree with Challis about trying to get up.

If you are in bed all day, you mind will not equate the bed with sleep at night.  This is one of the most common axioms made by sleep experts. 

Can you create a separate place to spend your daytime hours?

Also, back to Challis suggestion, can you do baby steps to start walking.  At first, just walk as far as you feel comfortable and keep tract of how much time you spent in the walk.

On future walks, go a little farther based on time.  You will surprise yourself as you improve.

In the meantime, taper slowly if you are going to do it.

I didn’t sleep normal sleep for two years, I was sleeping only for a month in benzos then doctors started pulling me on and off, and I stoped sleeping.Im exhausted I started losing my brain.

Akul

Insomnia is really upsetting and can be chronic.  I know many people end up on benzos for insomnia.  It’s not a remedy. 

It’s so important that you find some routines to support you getting sleep at night.  This means you have to move around.  Even though you’re so tired.  Have routines for times to get out of bed, and go to bed at night.  Stay with them.  The bed is for sleep.

Believe it or not, people can function on less sleep than seems possible. 

What are you doing to support sleep?  Other than meds?    Please avoid over thinking this, avoid caffeine, avoid sugar.  Avoid stressful news.  I think you need to take charge of this and begin looking at ways to calm your over stimulated nervous system. 

You will heal. 

I try to walk 40 minutes every day some days i just can't do it but when i have little strength walking is a must you have to move your body you will feel better after a good walk i promise you if you can ditch the ziprexa it would be a good idea i have taken this sh*t pill and i became very lazy when i took it ziprexa is strong sh*t

Best of luck

[73...]

I try to walk 40 minutes every day some days i just can't do it but when i have little strength walking is a must you have to move your body you will feel better after a good walk i promise you if you can ditch the ziprexa it would be a good idea i have taken this sh*t pill and i became very lazy when i took it ziprexa is strong sh*t

Best of luck

Zyprexa is a strong shit that doesn’t do anything to me, I still can’t sleep on it. Severe benzo withdrawal 9th time coming off.