Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

At the end of my rope

[an...]

I'm ready to throw in the towel. On top of being bedbound with horrible symptoms like vertigo, skin burning, and pots, I had a run of afib last night. I know this bc I had a run of it in 2007 and had to have 3 ablations. This was before benzos. Now wd apparently has brought it back. I cried and cried this morning and told my husband I was so sick of this. I can't keep suffering like this. It's been three years. I can't will vertigo and afib away. Please anyone with advice I need to hear from you.

I am so sorry to hear that your level of suffering has gone on for so long. I'm about two years into this and woke up with the same thoughts although our physical symptoms are different. Is there any way to get the afib checked out? I know my heart was out of control for a long time and I never even had any previous issues with it. Eventually it passed but it felt awful and terrifying. Hopefully others will chime in.

I am so sorry to hear that your level of suffering has gone on for so long. I'm about two years into this and woke up with the same thoughts although our physical symptoms are different. Is there any way to get the afib checked out? I know my heart was out of control for a long time and I never even had any previous issues with it. Eventually it passed but it felt awful and terrifying. Hopefully others will chime in.

I'm going to call my cardio tomorrow but I don't think he is seeing patients now with the covid-19 pandemic. I'm so scared that this wd is going to cause me to have a deadly arrhythmia or stroke. I'm glad the heart problems stopped for you 💓

I'm ready to throw in the towel. On top of being bedbound with horrible symptoms like vertigo, skin burning, and pots, I had a run of afib last night. I know this bc I had a run of it in 2007 and had to have 3 ablations. This was before benzos. Now wd apparently has brought it back. I cried and cried this morning and told my husband I was so sick of this. I can't keep suffering like this. It's been three years. I can't will vertigo and afib away. Please anyone with advice I need to hear from you.

Hey there anydaynow!

I am really sorry to hear that you are still struggling with these awful symptoms. I stumbled upon this post and just wanted to share a few things that may be of help to you...

As you are probably aware, it can take a long time for some of us sensitive ones to heal. I had the symptoms you have described.

Regarding the "heart palps", I had numerous testing done including a heart monitor for several days. In my case the heart palps turned out to be a magnesium deficiency. I took this brand of Magnesium Citrate and the palps went away. Every few months I would stop the magnesium supplement to see if the heart palps had subsided. It took a couple of years but I no longer need the Magnesium supplement. If your doctor finds nothing else wrong with the afib testing, perhaps consider trying a magnesium supplement.

May I ask, by any chance were you ever on a fluoroquinolone antibiotic? After 7 years off benzo, I still have the neuropathy pins/needles in my feet but was told by my neurologist it was probably from the fluoroquinolone. I am not really sure if it was caused by the benzo or perhaps a combination of both.

The Dp/Dr thing was bad for me too. It slowly went away. It took 6 1/2 years for it to totally stop. I have not had it since around January this year. It morphed as it went away going from the "hallucinations" in the beginning to a sense of taking some mind altering drug like pot but not in a pleasant way. I took note that over time it slowly lessened in duration and intensity then disappeared altogether. What seemed to bring it on and make it worse was when ever I was overstimulated or stressed out. I would imagine that you may currently be experiencing some major stress with these lingering symptoms along with worldly events. Once I was able to learn how to be mindful of how stress and overstimulation triggered the Dp/Dr  I was better able to somewhat control the intensity of this debilitating symptom. I also would distract myself so I did not focus on it. Do what ever you can to control the stress and keep distracted :thumbsup:

So I am thrilled that this one is finally gone. One day it will leave for you too... when is the magical question...we don't know when but never ever give up hope my friend, it does end... all of it.

:smitten:

[07...]
Are you taking a blood thinner? I had AFib and worse caused by bwd, you definitely need to discuss this with a cardiologist or any Dr given your history, is there any place you can go to get an EKG or Holter to confirm its actually AFib. Are you prescribed any anti arrhythmia meds? How's your bp? Im on a low histamine diet as my Dr believes excess histamine from bwd is playing a part in it and avoiding high histamine foods has definitely helped. Please try not to freak out too much although i know the fear that goes with this.

Hey there anydaynow!

I am really sorry to hear that you are still struggling with these awful symptoms. I stumbled upon this post and just wanted to share a few things that may be of help to you...

As you are probably aware, it can take a long time for some of us sensitive ones to heal. I had the symptoms you have described.

Regarding the "heart palps", I had numerous testing done including a heart monitor for several days. In my case the heart palps turned out to be a magnesium deficiency. I took this brand of Magnesium Citrate and the palps went away. Every few months I would stop the magnesium supplement to see if the heart palps had subsided. It took a couple of years but I no longer need the Magnesium supplement. If your doctor finds nothing else wrong with the afib testing, perhaps consider trying a magnesium supplement.

May I ask, by any chance were you ever on a fluoroquinolone antibiotic? After 7 years off benzo, I still have the neuropathy pins/needles in my feet but was told by my neurologist it was probably from the fluoroquinolone. I am not really sure if it was caused by the benzo or perhaps a combination of both.

The Dp/Dr thing was bad for me too. It slowly went away. It took 6 1/2 years for it to totally stop. I have not had it since around January this year. It morphed as it went away going from the "hallucinations" in the beginning to a sense of taking some mind altering drug like pot but not in a pleasant way. I took note that over time it slowly lessened in duration and intensity then disappeared altogether. What seemed to bring it on and make it worse was when ever I was overstimulated or stressed out. I would imagine that you may currently be experiencing some major stress with these lingering symptoms along with worldly events. Once I was able to learn how to be mindful of how stress and overstimulation triggered the Dp/Dr  I was better able to somewhat control the intensity of this debilitating symptom. I also would distract myself so I did not focus on it. Do what ever you can to control the stress and keep distracted :thumbsup:

So I am thrilled that this one is finally gone. One day it will leave for you too... when is the magical question...we don't know when but never ever give up hope my friend, it does end... all of it.

:smitten:

Thank you so much for the encouraging words. I’ve been taking a magnesium supplement for 2 years now. I’m hoping things start to improve soon. 💕

Are you taking a blood thinner? I had AFib and worse caused by bwd, you definitely need to discuss this with a cardiologist or any Dr given your history, is there any place you can go to get an EKG or Holter to confirm its actually AFib. Are you prescribed any anti arrhythmia meds? How's your bp? Im on a low histamine diet as my Dr believes excess histamine from bwd is playing a part in it and avoiding high histamine foods has definitely helped. Please try not to freak out too much although i know the fear that goes with this.

I'm not on any blood thinners bc I haven't had any afib since my ablation in 2007. I'm on a low histamine diet too.  My bp is normal. I'm so sorry you've been through this scary heart stuff too. Has your afib gotten better?

[07...]
My Afib has improved, it's only paroxysmal now. It was never bad enough to warrant an ablation, but it gave me 2 strokes despite being on blood thinners.  i didn't have any cardiac issues before bwd

[07...]
Sorry, i should've said my AFib only comes when im in a wave and i manage it with a beta blocker if needed. Unfortunately at 27 months off im still getting frequent intense waves that last for 6-7 days so every wave is truly terrifying for me due to the possibility of another stroke. This is a horror story like no other that's for sure.

Sorry, i should've said my AFib only comes when im in a wave and i manage it with a beta blocker if needed. Unfortunately at 27 months off im still getting frequent intense waves that last for 6-7 days so every wave is truly terrifying for me due to the possibility of another stroke. This is a horror story like no other that's for sure.

That is so scary! My fear  is that the afib won't correct itself. How do you know when you're in afib?

[07...]
Often i don't know if im in AFib, when i had the 2nd stroke i had no idea, sometimes i get a bit of a buzzing feeling in my chest but i mostly notice it via my bp machine as i take my bp a fair bit during a wave, my bp has settled down a lot now, my Dr's are still debating whether to put me on warfarin bcuz the bwd is so never ending.

Often i don't know if im in AFib, when i had the 2nd stroke i had no idea, sometimes i get a bit of a buzzing feeling in my chest but i mostly notice it via my bp machine as i take my bp a fair bit during a wave, my bp has settled down a lot now, my Dr's are still debating whether to put me on warfarin bcuz the bwd is so never ending.

Bless your heart.  I get a skipped beat and then my heart races and I feel like I'm going to pass out. It lasts for about a minute and then corrects itself. It's really scary. Was your stroke from your bp going up or a blood clot?

[07...]

Both were from a clot from the AFib, the first one i had sxs like you describe and very high bp 260/130 and heart rate of 140ish, it had been like that for weeks but Dr told me i had to "tough it out ", i recovered quickly from that one and was put on a strong blood thinner . The 2nd one was in August last year whilst still on the blood thinner  and i was almost healed except for the adrenaline surges at 4am, that one took my vision but it's improved a lot thank goodness. Also sent my bwd sxs into overdrive. Took the poison for 6-7 weeks for muscle spasm whilst waiting for spinal surgery. If only I'd known, surgery total success, bwd a total nightmare. Hope your Afib eases up,