Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

44 days sober

[so...]

Hi everyone! I am a 22 year old girl and I am 44 days sober now. I became addicted to Xanax through a prescription where I was prescribed 4 2mg tablets a day. I just went through detox and rehab but experienced the worst withdrawals I could. I had psychosis, disassociation, delusions, and severe memory loss. Not to mention all of the common symptoms. I am looking for tips on withdrawal and hoping to gain some hope that this will all go away.

Hello sobersydney,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies! Congratulations on being xanax free, although detox is a very rough way to stop taking these kinds of medications.  I'm sorry you had to suffer through such difficult symptoms.

How long were you on xanax?  Your dose was pretty high so it will likely take a while for your central nervous system to recover. Additionally detox, which is essentially a cold turkey, can make the recovery process more challenging. With time you'll see improvements, 44 days off is still early in terms of benzo recovery.

We have a dedicated board for those who have been through detox or cold turkey of benzos. I'll give you a link to that board where you can communicate with others in the same situation as yourself.

The ride might be bumpy for a while but as time progresses the symptoms will start to diminish.  We'll be here for you through the recovery process so please let us know how we can help.

Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal 

pianogirl  :)