Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Anyone else feel strange/ awkward around people?

[co...]

Hi,

Does anyone else feel really awkward around people ? Even total strangers and in public.. I hate going out but I hate staying in..

how do you deal with this:?

I'm naturally reclusive and with the virus happening, I am quite happy to stay home. But, honestly, I do believe that the withdrawal symptoms create a feeling of unreality and in my case, brain fog and many other symptoms. I'm more comfortable at home right now. I have windows where I feel differently. My hope is that when I get off the mediations, that will get better over time.

^

I understand what you mean. I've lost out on so much because of these stupid drugs.. But I'll be off them in under 3 months.. Just there months away and then I can finally start to heal. (at 3mg Diazepam now).

It's hard to talk to people when you're experiencing severe cognitive impairment, also.

Yes, I experience this due to DPDR and have social phobia as the world does not feel real and the visual experience is uncomfortable.