Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

3 months off Klonopin

[he...]

My name is David.  34 years old and I have been on Klonopin for about 10 years 1 mg a day. There was a time it was increased to 2mg a day and then reduced again. The initial reason I got on it was due to a divorce I was going through and was stressed out and drinking a lot. Doctor prescribed it to help me deal with the anxiety. My original doctor closed his practice within a year a two after I started seeing him and a had to switch to a different doc to keep getting the prescription filled. That doc started to tell me I needed to get off and I had to switch to a different doc to get back on.

Started studying and found the Ashton Manual in 2018. I am 3 months post taper after switching to valium slow taper.

Trying to cut out sugar and carbs and meditate. I go to spiritual support groups, I am Christian and have a mens group I attend. Also attend celebrate recovery which is the Christian version of AA.

I am a Financial Consultant and recently I'm having a hard time keeping it together. Almost to the point I want to quite my job. However I am the Father of 4 kids and my wife is a stay at home mom.

Need some support from people who understand.

Hello healingwanted, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I can see you're in pain, and understand how 3 months post taper should mean you feel better, but it doesn't seem to work like that, I'm sorry.  I hope you won't make any drastic decisions while you're feeling so low, it's important we do what we can to preserve the life we hope to return to one day.

Please start a thread on the Post-withdrawal Recovery Support  board so you can connect with others who feel your pain.

We also have a faith forum you can join if you're interested, let us know if you'd like the instructions on how to subscribe to it.

Pamster

Welcome

So great you got off the benzo!  Huge success! 

Eventually, you’ll feel better. 

Wha helps you to feel calmer and more centred?  Do all the little things that help.  You’re still healing.  Take breaks and breathe. 

I think don’t quit your job.  Routines help.

I welcome you too. Your story is typical of a lot of people here. That you have a strong faith is wonderful, and this will help you get through this!

east

Welcome, David...

Just read your intro.  I’ve also been through Klonopin n divorce.  Was on Klonopin for 20 years.  I’m also (trying to be) a Christian.  I’ve spent 99% of my time on bb’s on their faith board and have seen God move there and have been greatly strengthened and renewed there.  I hope you find as much comfort there as I have.  Take good care.

Kindly,

j

Thanks so much for the replies!  It may seem silly but just getting past the introduction and know people are out there and reading my story helps.  I've avoided getting too involved before with this forum probably because it scared me too much hearing the stories of everyone.  But I cant keep dumping all my symptoms and anxiety/panics attacks on my wife.  She is strong and I love her, but it's hard to hear the same story of mine over and over.  Reading the success stories have kept me hopeful.  Thanks again for caring.

I was afraid when I first joined, the internet can be a scary place but we offer hope and support because no one in our real lives can understand what we're going through, we're glad you're here.  :smitten:

Here are the instructions to join the faith forum, if you have difficulties let me know here and I can do it for you.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=97364.0

Thanks so much for the replies!  It may seem silly but just getting past the introduction and know people are out there and reading my story helps.  I've avoided getting too involved before with this forum probably because it scared me too much hearing the stories of everyone.  But I cant keep dumping all my symptoms and anxiety/panics attacks on my wife.  She is strong and I love her, but it's hard to hear the same story of mine over and over.  Reading the success stories have kept me hopeful.  Thanks again for caring.

No one else on this forum or in the entire world will have the same story as you...in fact...for all we know... yours could be the best one ever.

(never apply the outcome or current circumstances of health of others to yourself.  Each case is very individual.  I’ve seen people heal entirely after 20 years of Klonopin... and I’ve seen people sick for more than 2 years after only a month or two of benzos.  Own your recovery.  It belongs to no other.)

Kindly,

j