I'm in a wave and scared

[an...]

I am in a brutal wave right now. I'm 14 months off a slow taper. I was doing pretty well and then I decided to try some beer and now I feel like I did in acute. Can a few beers really do this? I'm scared something else is wrong with me.

You will be fine, it will pass , the same happened to me , but don't drink again until you are 1000% healed, best wishes .

[02...]

I suspect that 'some beer' was a bit too much, but you'll be fine. 

I had to ease back into drinking slowly, and even then it felt kind of weird for a while.  A single drink would give me kind of a strange hangover feeling when I hadn't had nearly enough alcohol for a hangover.  I was not to be denied my single malt or IPA, however, and practiced drinking responsibly until it felt normal again.

Thanks for the replies. I've been like this for months now. I'm hoping it's just a setback from the alcohol, but I'm still scared it's something else.

Like others have been saying - alcohol can totally send you into a wave.  I've experienced this personally - the wave was brutal but it went away.  Now I won't go near alcohol - indefinitely.  And believe me, I know it's tempting to want the solace of beer or wine during this current crisis.  I know this is really scary and feels like it will never end.  But, you will feel better and you will know to stay away from alcohol.  Lean on other tools you are developing to manage stress.  And lean on us.

Brighterday

Like others have been saying - alcohol can totally send you into a wave.  I've experienced this personally - the wave was brutal but it went away.  Now I won't go near alcohol - indefinitely.  And believe me, I know it's tempting to want the solace of beer or wine during this current crisis.  I know this is really scary and feels like it will never end.  But, you will feel better and you will know to stay away from alcohol.  Lean on other tools you are developing to manage stress.  And lean on us.

Brighterday

Absolutely. I'm At the point where alcohol is a thing of the past for me. I wasn't a big drinker anyway, so I won't miss it. Thank you so much 😊