Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Muscles cramping

[Fo...]

Anyone experiencing muscle cramping and tightness?  I did receive a link that this tightness is normal.  How long does this last after a dose cut for you, usually?  Thanks!

I get bad cramping, but it is limited to my lower abdomen.  I am tapering off of Valium versus your Klonopin.

I was taking Klonopin 2mg daily at bedtime and my pysch doc recommended tapering by 25% (ie, first taper down to 1.5 mg daily).  That was way too big of a step, and I remember cramping in my abdomen then too.

It sounds like your cramping occurs in other parts of your body beyond the abdomen.  Right?

Thanks for your reply! That was way too big of a step-down in Klonopin! That must’ve been tough!  This last cut I did was between 3-4%.  I’m down about 21% over a month. I’m going to slow down.

My cramping is happening in my legs and arms. I do get a lot of twitches, too.  I had them before the Klonopin, though.  I used it in the past, got off it in 2013, then developed all sorts of muscle issues. I was diagnosed with ALS, but it’s wrong.  I don’t have ALS.  They just couldn’t figure it out, but I think it was protracted withdrawal.  Anyways, I restarted K this past September due to unbearable anxiety. I’m so mad!!!

Maybe try magnesium for the cramping.  If you can handle it.  You can get topical magnesium.  It’s not expensive and for me works as well as a Tylenol or better. 

Whole body contracted and like shortened fibrotic gristle, forcing spine to bow out in opposite direction to normal curves. Everything rigid. Horrific and re-tapering because unbearable when get lower.

Yes to cramping.  I am getting this in spades now.  Everywhere - all muscles that I work and even in my feet at night.  its a tough one for sure.  I have to remember that all my discomfort is my body trying to reboot itself.  I've tried hot baths.  They didn't help for the cramping.  In the morning I do gentle stretches and yoga just to see where the bar is at.  That seems to help me the most.