Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Taper Project: 1 mg Clonaz and 150mg Traz - rx/d for insomnia

[Th...]

Ok, yes, 30 yrs since psych got me on Clonazepam for sleep.  Traz was added in, and the two have bee sleep aids for me since ~age 30. 

I wanted feedback ASAP as last night I somehow did not take 150 mg Trazadone, and it's bedtime and I did fine today, tho I was anxious about situation this AM.

I did take my 1 mg clonazepam, and slept just fine/great on it alone.

I know this is just the beginning of a walk in hell, but if anyone has ideas what I should do tonight as to how much Traz I should take, I'd appreciate it.  Sorry it took me a while to get BB's email/log in, and now it's bed time.

I am 61 yrs, 110 lbs, and have psoriatic arthritis - thus anxiety is esp not my friend.  I am grateful that I can avoid stressful situations, and do as I can. 

Thanks!

Hello ThirtyYearsTooLong,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies! I'm sorry no one was available to approve your membership last night, we have a small team and do our best to get new members on the forum promptly.

It appears that you did fine skipping one nightly dose of trazedone. I guess my question is; are you wanting to taper off this medication and the clonazepam?

This forum's mission is to support and inform those who wish to withdraw from benzos. If this is your desire, we can certainly offer a lot of good information so you can plan a slow and sensible taper, which would be the wisest after 30 years of use.

For now I'll leave you with a link to the Other Medications board where you can ask questions about trazedone.

I'll also provide a link to the Ashton Manual. You'll find information about benzos, tapering and withdrawal in the manual, which was written by Dr. Heather Ashton, an expert in the field.

Once you get back to us with more information we can address your situation better. Let us know how we can help.

Other Medications

The Ashton Manual

pianogirl  :)