Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Rescue dose question

[th...]

Hi all

I am now 6 mo off of benzos  .25 xanax for 3 years, then switched to .25 klonopin for 1.5 years

nearly 5 years total

It has been rough

1 mo ago I caved and took .25 xanax rescue dose, since then symptoms have gone nuts

head and jaw pressures worse, derealization and dizzyness worsened, and now I feel like I cant breathe, anxiety even worse, short of breath, ER said IM fine

I cant even do cardio anymore as when I run it tightens up and the breathyness can last for hrs on end

Did I really set myself back that far or just stirr up symptoms?

Im so upset, I hope I did not go back to square one from this dose

Who can chime in and help

Thank you all

I personally don’t believe that small of a dose has “set you back” but more so just intensified the symptoms that have already been there. I wouldn’t suggest taking another one being that ur already 6 months out & that continued usage can definitely delay or possibly harm ur recovery imo (based off my own experience). I took a rescue dose at 2 & 3 month’s out & now here I am at 15 months and about 98% healed. I started noticed some big changes at around 6/7 months so I would suggest trying to find some healthy alternatives to dealing with ur symptoms & waves. Hope this was helpful in some way, take care & all the best

Thanks for the response

I will not be taking anymore, but how long can this flareup last?  Weeks months before it settles down?

I do understand why you caved in this time, and am glad you have realized you wont do this again! But no one can tell you how long this flare up will last. I sort of doubt it will last a long time but I am not always right. LOL!

Would you let us  know how this goes for you?

east

Yes, I will definetly keep you guys posted

I cant believe I caved and made that mistake, what I have been feeling the last month has been almost dreamlike, it has been rough

Just keep going, love. Just get through each day and take as good as care of yourself as you possibly can manage. It will pass, eventually.

Thanks for the response

I will not be taking anymore, but how long can this flareup last?  Weeks months before it settles down?

No problem. It’s hard to say. I honestly wouldn’t think it would take month’s to settle (just my opinion based on my experience). Maybe a couple weeks at most. Definitely try to b aware of ur diet & avoid anything else that could potentially aggravate ur symptoms. It gets easier tho. At 15 month’s when my symptoms flare up it lasts for less than an hr. What used to last for weeks is now only down to minutes. Take care & all the best

Do you have a therapist? You need to find away to deal with anxiety/panic. The rescue dose didn’t cause this, your in a negative feedback loop because your anxiety/panic is so strong. This was likely brought in because you created negative thoughts about taking the dose.

Try not to panic about this.  Symptoms will pass.  Do soothing things.  Try not to

project a negative future based on this. 

daydreamer, just so I'd never be able to act on temptation (and I was tempted) I got rid of all my leftover valium. What do you think? Could you do that with your xanax?

Hope you feel better. And you will. Just a temporary setback.

:smitten:

Katz

Well you could be right about the negative thought loop, I tend to shoot myself in the foot, worry about nothing, and make things up to worry about

after the rescue dose, a few days I did have shaking and panic which I never have, I do think it stirred up something, I did not have this level of inability to breathe

My strong mind works against me sometimes, I just cant believe that its all intensified now, depressing,,,,,

I know this will pass, I just need time

My diet is great, I lift weights and walk 20 -  25k steps a day

Thank you all