Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I have a question...

[Ni...]

Hello to all,

I am new to the site and new to the problem of withdraw from Benzodiazepine. I just had a total knee replacement in November and I was on oxycodone for three months. I worked my way down from the Oxy. under my Doctors care untill I am off it now for 8 days. To deal with the anxiety and depression I was given Lorazepam 1mg and have been taking that for 6 days and I now am down to 1 per day. I am still feeling the anxiety and depression but feel I could cold turkey from here. Does anyone feel this could be a health problem? I know I may not have been on the Benzo as long as some but your advise would be a great help. Any advise on some relief for the next few days?

Thanks!

Hi Nightwalker,

You would probably be ok to c/t after 6 days, but better safe than sorry! I would at least cut it in half, then half again, holding a week with each cut. If you feel ok after 4 or 5 days, you can cut earlier. If you want to be really safe from wd symptoms, you may want to cut by a quarter, but I think this would probably be unneccessary.

Very smart of you to get off them this quickly! :thumbsup:

Thanks Eljay for the response! I was taking three per day for 6 days then for the last two I am down to 1-1mg per day. I feel that the pill itself is causing the anxiety and depression since about an hour or so after I take it I start feeling depressed and the anxiety sets in. As the day goes on I feel better and the attacts are lessor.

That's exactly what klonopin did to me just a few weeks after I started taking it. I'm so glad you're getting off so quickly. Just go to half for about a week, then a quarter for one more week. I think you'll do fine with that. You may feel a tiny little wd or some mild sleep disturbance, but you may not! If you do, it will pass. ;)

Well today I did 1/2 and have the shakes but think I will be fine. I only have 6 pills left so I will do 1/2 for three days then 1/4 till I feel like I can jump off. Does that sound about right? I have to start work this Wed. so I hope I can function ok.

Hey Night Walker! Sounds like you've got a plan there. You'll probably experience a little rebellion from your body but since you were on the benzos such a short time, it'll probably last only a week or two at most.

rufus