Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Equivalency Klonopin/Ativan

[ch...]

Since the substitution page is under construction could someone answer a question? I have been wondering about this for a while...

I was on Klonopin .5 mg once a day. After I tapered down to .125 (I may have gotten even lower but by then I was so messed up I don't even really remember) my doc had me stop so when I went into big time w/d from that amount I ended up back on 4 mg Ativan a day to control the w/d I experienced.

Is 4mg Ativan equivalent to .125 of Klonopin? Or, did it just take that much to get it under control? When I did begin tapering off Ativan I was able to drop 1.5 mg in the first cut without major w/d. After that it got considerable harder.

These are questions I've been wondering about for a while, now that my head is clear.

I will have to catch up with the answer when I get back in a week or so.

Thanks

Hi, eljay

In the table you refer there are different columns, I understand they mean different source of information. But threre are big differences for the same benzo (for instance, the relation of Clonazepam/Diazepam can be 2,5, 5, 10 or 20, depending on the source), what column I should consider?

Sérgio.

Hi, eljay

In the table you refer there are different columns, I understand they mean different source of information. But threre are big differences for the same benzo (for instance, the relation of Clonazepam/Diazepam can be 2,5, 5, 10 or 20, depending on the source), what column I should consider?

Sérgio.

Hi Sergio, I hope you are doing well!

The Ashton equivilancy seems to be the one most universally agreed to. That's the one we go by here. But who truly knows!

Linda ;)

Hi, eljay

Hi,

I know, I need to get back to that table. Ashton's figures seem to be the most reliable. You are correct, there are huge discrepancies in the equivalences described by the different sources.

Hi, Linda.

You know that in portuguese (my mother language) your name means "pretty beautiful"?  :)

I´m doing well, considering that withdrawal process isn´t really "a piece of cake"...

I´m concerned about the equivalence table because the variation between the different sources are so big! It means that, if we choose the wrong table we can reduce or increase dose during crossover. I think that Ashtom table, that informs a lower potency for Valium compared to others (tables), use this approach to guarantee that, during the crossover, ppl will not suffer with wd effects due to benzos dose reduction.

Regards.

Sérgio.

Hi Chick,

Ashton gives 1 mg of Ativan as being equal to .5 mg of Klonopin. So 4 mg of Ativan would equal 2 mg of Klonopin.

Thanks. I have just a few minutes to check in.

WOW that means it took a heafty amount to get things under control. I feel blessed to have been able to taper down so quickly from that 4 mg of Ativan so quickly. Maybe that just proves I was in tolerance withdrawal. I am convinced I had been there for quite a while.

Hi, Linda.

You know that in portuguese (my mother language) your name means "pretty beautiful"?  :)

Hi Serg!

sorry, I missed this post!

Yes, I think it also means this in Spanish. It's always been kInd of embarrassing, cuz I'm NOT.  :laugh:

But thanks for telling me that.  ;)