Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Nervousness

[...]

Hi all

As some  of you may know I have begun the titration/ taper process. I started very slowly at .0025 reduction per day and felt fine, no difference. Three days ago I decided to up the reduction to .0050. Since doing so I have noticed an increase in "nerves" especially in my chest. A sort of a subdued excitement. Now I do not know if it is because I increased the size of the cut (which I believe is still quite small) or if what I am feeling is particularly noticeable because of having spent much of the last 20 years usually sedated to one degree or another 24/7. I wonder of this is what I feel like not being sedated. Or do I feel this nervous energy because , even though I am moving as slow as I am with the titration I am moving too fast for my body to be able to heal at this time?

I have only reduced a very small amount from my total dosage. I have gone from 6 mgs K to 5.9600 mgs I have been reducing everyday. No holding.I am not in any particular hurry. I anticipate a titration of about 3 and 1/2 years.Should i go back to .0025 as my cut or is this nervous feeling normal? While this nervousness is not too bad, ( fortunately I am able to sleep OK.) .0050 seems like a small amount to cut but should this little reduction in my over all daily intake cause me to feel this nervousness? It is sort of like anticipatory anxiety. Or uneasiness. Will this nervousness be with me all the way through the titration? How do you know when it is wise to hold a cut or to reduce it. BTW I don't do Ashton I feel her cuts are generally to large.

John

Hi John. Sounds like you are having adrenaline rushes. This is so normal for wd. Your brain is waking up. You will probably have this on and off during your taper, but it should level out in between cuts, as your body adjusts. Once you are done, it will level out for longer and longer periods over the weeks.

Hold the cut if it just feels too overwhelming. But don't expect to feel totally perfect before the next cut. Just as long as you feel the sx are tolerable.