Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Milk titration and temperature,

[ch...]

This may seem an odd question but I have been wondering if temperature matters when using full fat milk to make a mix.

I am concerned as I have been making my titration liquid at night, giving the Valium time to absorb into the milk.

Being milk I then leave it in the fridge over night. In the morning I give it a good mix paddle motion before taking out the dose needed.

However I am wondering with it be kept so cold, might this prevent the Valium being absorbed by the fat in the milk and therefore it would not be a solution, but a suspension, and would be no better than water?

I wonder does anyone know ?

I know that most meds stored at room temperate except a specific few.  and wondered was this because too hot or cold might separate the active ingredient,

Odd question  I know but wondered if anyone knows the answer.

Jen

This may seem an odd question but I have been wondering if temperature matters when using full fat milk to make a mix.

I am concerned as I have been making my titration liquid at night, giving the Valium time to absorb into the milk.

Being milk I then leave it in the fridge over night. In the morning I give it a good mix paddle motion before taking out the dose needed.

However I am wondering with it be kept so cold, might this prevent the Valium being absorbed by the fat in the milk and therefore it would not be a solution, but a suspension, and would be no better than water?

I wonder does anyone know ?

I know that most meds stored at room temperate except a specific few.  and wondered was this because too hot or cold might separate the active ingredient,

Odd question  I know but wondered if anyone knows the answer.

Jen

If your dissolving it first, then storing in the fridge, there will be no problem.  Milk is so lipid-rich that there is no way that it won't support your solution.

Thank you so much for replying.

What I do is dissolve the 1mg V in a tiny drop of water, then slowly stir in the milk , and stir for a minute or two.

I then put it in the fridge over night , and the next morning I stir it again for a couple of minute with a paddle motion, then I take out what is needed, 

I am just worried that it would be too cold for the active Valium to dissolve, 

Today I let it sit out for half an hour first, but you think it will be ok?

thank you

Jen